Weird Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Problem

I am having this weird problem where my car kinda cuts off then comes back on in split second while running. Mostly happens when you fully push down on gas, also I clanged my fuel filter which seem to help little but not much. Here is how I would describe the problem lets say I pushed down on gas where normal car would go paaaaaaaaaaa(change gear) aaaaaaaaaa etc, but mine dose (paaaaa aa aaa aaaaaa(change gear) aaa aaaaaa aaa. Lol this the best way I can describe it, yall got any ideas what would be wrong?

Re: Weird Problem

coils maybe.. failing fuel pump maybe... Any codes coming up?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

And it usually happens at full throttle?

Comment

That sounds like what my ignition modules did on my other two cars. Check your plugs and wires and if it continues, I would suggest pulling the coils and module and taking it to Advance Auto or Autozone or something and getting them tested. If it's not them, then check your fuel pressure. But if you have easy access to a fuel pressure gauge, I'd check that first since it's so easy.
        2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

and mine did a very similar thing when my mass air was going out.... did it for about 2 weeks b4 i got a code for it, but if its doing it constant enough you should have a code.

Comment

sounds like plugs/wires

Comment

Originally posted by nascar24jd View Post
              And it usually happens at full throttle?
              yes and now it get to point where if i step on gas quickly it dose it at any gear mostly at full throttle so I have to ease up on gas to keep it running. Thanks all for input ill check these things out.

Comment

Help Plz

Hey yall still got the problem, where my car would stall and die at fullthrottle. Things I have changed are coils, plugs&wires, fuel pump, fuel filter, IAT sensor, MAP sensor. One thing I should add when I disconnected egr system's pipe it worked perfectly, but then after some more driving it came back. It gets to point when at ideal it start to stall and dies. Thank You in advance.

Comment

are you not getting any check engine lights?

almost sounds like the engine is running very lean at full throttle..

Comment

sounds like coils and wires, if i recently rained that could cause it, sometimes when it rains water drops into the engine and settles on the ICM and or wires but after it dries it works well so your problem could be a bad coil.

Comment

Originally posted by Richardcoelho View Post
                      sounds like coils and wires, if i recently rained that could cause it, sometimes when it rains water drops into the engine and settles on the ICM and or wires but after it dries it works well so your problem could be a bad coil.
                      he already replaced the coils and plugs and wires

Comment

fuel filter maybe
                        Leonard
                        www.fquick.com/96V6Junkie
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard 3.8L View Post
                          fuel filter maybe
                          I have changed that too. Funny thing is it runs better when my hood is slightly open when driving, almost as if the problem don't exist. would it be something to do with oxygen?

Comment

my car had that problem before but i replaced the spark plugs, wires, and belt and that solved it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X