i started to get some very loud ticking when i start up - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i started to get some very loud ticking when i start up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i started to get some very loud ticking when i start up

i need suggestions on what could be wrong? it began by just having a loud ticking on startup(i could hear it distinctly from in the car with the windows up and it's louder with the windows down. but it was just for a second. however now it continues for about 5 minutes into the drive. even after it's warmed up. and now it starts out as like 3 or 4 things and ticking loudly and eventually gets quieter. what kinda things can it possibly be? thanks
    i was swimming in the carribean. animals were hiding behind the rocks except for the little fish, but they told me the squid\'s trying to talk to me. oink, oink. where is my mind?

Maybe something is vibrating against something. Go down and look under and see if anything is misplaced.

Comment

if it's coming from the engine, you might have spun a barring. That could be the worst thing, might as well kiss your money good by!
      WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

It's just starting to turn cold in most areas. Sounds like a lifter(s) tick. Make sure your oil and filter are ok.

Spun bearing? Whaaaa?
        <b>99 Pewter Metallic Camaro</b><br />SLP Ultra-Z Hood, Shaved Antenna, !mouldings, Chrome Halos, Filled Factory Grill, Y2K 18 R 19 F, SLP Whisper Lid, (functional w/ Hood), FlowMaster American Thunder C.B, QA1 Coilovers, Kuhmo Tires.

Comment

thats what it is. a sticky lifter. this is a very common problem with our cars. this has come up a couple times. do a search and see what people did to resolve it.

my buddys 99 bird does it. it does it more when its cold, but goes away after some driving. his is still like this, he hasnt had any further problems.
          <a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/articacid\" target=\"_blank\">2002 35th Anniv. Black Camaro M5</a><br />Mods: Carsound Cat, SLP Loudmouth, Whisper Lid w/ K&N, J&M LCA\'s, ST Springs, eD Stereo(146.7 dB)<br />\'88 K1500 305 V8 Auto(Winter)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X