Something is definatly wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something is definatly wrong

Well iv brought this up before and was told that it was normal but after driving today in the rain i realized somthing has to be wrong,my car, a 97 3.8 that runs way better in the rain, it has a very noticable increase in power, runs smoother and shifts better ,when its dry its sorta boggy and lightly surges when on the highway in fourth gear and going up a hill, and its goes away in the rain, any ideas as to what would cause this would be a help, maybe new wires??

Re: Something is definatly wrong

What you should do is to have the rain fall everyday :banana: but I notice it with mine at night and other vehicles,so it's quite common what I am doing though is to have mine operating like that during the midday sun,by changing the thermostat and have the fans coming on sooner.

Comment

no this isnt common with any car, i dont think thats its running all that better in the rain,i think its just running normal in the rain and horrible when its dry and im just used to it!

Comment

Well the only things that changes from what you are saying is temperature,time,date and weather,so you tell me what you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Barbadian Camaro View Post
          Well the only things that changes from what you are saying is temperature,time,date and weather,so you tell me what you think?
          i dont think his problem sounds too common, since it seems so drastic.

the way i see it, there is three possibilities:

1. when it rains, it usually cools down, colder air compresses more, which fits more air into the cylinder and gives you a little extra power

2. there is something wrong with his car, and he is sucking up a little water, which gives increased compression, which means more power

3. the air is so humid with so many water grains in it, it i basically doing the same thing i listed above, except that there is nothing wrong with it. i cant see how bad wires would give this effect though, since it should be the opposite (less humidity gives the spark less chance to go where its not suppose to be)

generally cars perform and do better in colder climates (meaning at least above freezing)

Comment

Well i think i can rule out the first one because even when its cold and dry (which is most of the time,canada) the car still runs badly, and its not really the increase in power when wet that makes me think this is not normal,its the surging on the highway that goes away when its wet that makes me know something is not right, the increase in power is just another symptom. The surging happens when say, going up a hill on the highway and its in fourth gear,it starts to surge, but when i hit the gas and it drops a gear it goes away, i know this is an unusal problem and its even more unusual that it goes away in the rain, but thanks for the help.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X