Coil corrosion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coil corrosion

When I replaced the spark plug wires I saw three rusty coil terminals. So I cleaned them with W-40 and let them dry. The car is working fine. Do you think is time to replace the coils? The car has about 110,000 miles
    Camaro99\'3.8, original spoil package (no body mods...PROUDLY), K&N, Lid 3800II, SLP CAI, Flowmaster, Z28Chrome Tips, 180* Thermostat.

Re: Coil corrosion

I would sand them until they are shiny, then use dielectric grease when you put the boots back on. That will help prevent future corrosion. Don't worry about it, it happens.
    2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

yeah do what rob says.

Comment

yes, clean them, and they should be fine.

you should be able to tell when a coil goes bad.. but be forewarned, a coil that is under strain, meaning, a terminal that is rusty, or water in there, which is preventing your spark from being 100% effective from the coils standpoint can quickly make them go bad

Comment

Thank you guys. I'll clean them.
          Camaro99\'3.8, original spoil package (no body mods...PROUDLY), K&N, Lid 3800II, SLP CAI, Flowmaster, Z28Chrome Tips, 180* Thermostat.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X