• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 22.5 MPG Finally

Originally posted by Smoke Panther View Post
    highway or city?
    Originally posted by pace2006 View Post
    22.5mpg combined or what? And what type of landscape, hilly or flat?
    I would call it combined driving. It was about 90 highway and about 100 local. I live in Miami, so no hills. In addition, I do not have a light foot. I do not drive to conserve gas.

This car was getting about 12 MPG a few months ago. Seems like changing the O2 sensors has helped significantly (thanks Max).

I get about 16-18 with the A/C on, so it looks like the A/C comnpressor really kills the MPG.

It will be interesting to see how low the gas prices will drop. When I first got my license in 1989 gas was $0.99 per gallon in New York (Long Island). It went over $1.00 about a week later and never looked back. I wonder how much more it will drop?

Comment

Originally posted by tkoforpresident View Post
      glad to hear your finally gettin some good mpgs!
      Thanks Max.

Comment

Originally posted by 96redbirdgt View Post
        $1.50 here in Southern Missouri! Finally less than $25 to fill up my car!!!
        Wow, that is really low.

Originally posted by pace2006 View Post
        Oh, and $1.41 per gallon through Missouri earlier today. :D
        About $0.50 per gallon higher here in Miami.

Originally posted by tkoforpresident View Post
        channel 2 news has been "talking" to state officials to try to figure out why our prices are so much higher than the rest of the countries, but thats been going on for weeks.
        That's not good. Why would Buffalo be so much higher?

Comment

Have you changed your motor oil? Lighter grades give better economy. Even in certain states, you should use a multigrade with 0W or 5W prefixes. Brand name oils tend to keep their viscosity during colder weather and protect your engine too.

When my EGR valve was replaced, my mileage went up. It was stock and overdue for replacement.

Winter blend gasoline formulas are here now. While that may drive down fuel prices nowadays, they have been known to drop MPG.
          Black \'96 RS Camaro, 3.8 V6 Series II, M5, Stock 200 HP, 204K miles! Stock \'91 Firebird 3.1 V6 automatic w/ overdrive. 266,400 miles on it. \'83 Pontiac Trans Am,305 LG4, Cowl Induction,Borg Warner 5 Speed,T-Tops,Gale Banks Exhaust System:$800 obo

Comment

Originally posted by 96RS Alex View Post
            Have you changed your motor oil? Lighter grades give better economy. Even in certain states, you should use a multigrade with 0W or 5W prefixes. Brand name oils tend to keep their viscosity during colder weather and protect your engine too.

When my EGR valve was replaced, my mileage went up. It was stock and overdue for replacement.

Winter blend gasoline formulas are here now. While that may drive down fuel prices nowadays, they have been known to drop MPG.
            I run 10w30 engine oil all year round. EGR could be a possibility for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by nascar24jd View Post
              I run 10w30 engine oil all year round. EGR could be a possibility for sure.
              i didnt notice any difference when my EGR was bad

i average between 17 and 20mpg.. but i havent checked it in a while.

you should be fine using 5w30 IMO

i usually run 10w30 in the winter, and 10w40 in the summer

Comment

Originally posted by cam98aro View Post
                i didnt notice any difference when my EGR was bad

i average between 17 and 20mpg.. but i havent checked it in a while.

you should be fine using 5w30 IMO

i usually run 10w30 in the winter, and 10w40 in the summer
                Thanks for the info.

I am pretty happy with the MPG now. I certainly am not complaining.

I run the 10w30 all year because it is hot here in the summer and there really is no winter. I have used 10w30 for many years and have not had any issues in any of my cars.

Comment

Originally posted by nascar24jd View Post
                  Thanks for the info.

I am pretty happy with the MPG now. I certainly am not complaining.

I run the 10w30 all year because it is hot here in the summer and there really is no winter. I have used 10w30 for many years and have not had any issues in any of my cars.
                  yeah, the dfference between 5w and 10w 30 are limited, especially in your area where it never gets cold

i sometimes think of running 5w30 in the winter, there is nuttin worse than hearing your engine have a hard time cranking over because the oil is so thick

Comment

done.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                    Or this

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X