remote starter anyone???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remote starter anyone???????

anyone here have a remote starter on their car. I want to get one since its freezing here in Illinois, damn snow, but yea are they any good and are they worth it? any recommended brands and how hard is it to install for someone who's never done it?

Re: remote starter anyone???????

I have one on the durango and the camaro. (camaro out of service) but love'em... beats going outside. but remember you get what you pay for on these... The camaro came with one, and I think I paid around $350 for the durango installed. look for deals and ask around at ur local car place (radio shacks) to see what they recommend.
    as far as never installing it. if your electric savy, you can figure it out, but I'd leave it to the pros. as far as brands, I dont know. I wouldnt get one at walmart.

Archer
    MISC: 01 parts. Some interior, T top kit, seats etc.
    http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=95347

Comment

my father has a remote start on his car.. i think it may be an avital brand, but im not certain, it has been fine with no problems.

it also works with his car (and some dont) because of the starter solenoid and how it works.

its nice to have a remote start, especially one that can turn your rear defoggers on, that way you can come outside and have no snow on your windows

Comment

viper or clifford...and yea, unless you are good with wiring...let someone else do it...they usually include it in the price...remote starter 300$ "have our professionals install it free"...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
        1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
          ...remote starter 300$ "have our professionals install it free"...

or pay the extra $ to have the people local install it. gas is cheap, but not that cheap. lol

(sorry, just being the smartass I am. lol)
          Archer
          MISC: 01 parts. Some interior, T top kit, seats etc.
          http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=95347

Comment

i have it and LOVE IT! snow/cold in IL sucks bro. i feel ya
            Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by Archer View Post
              or pay the extra $ to have the people local install it. gas is cheap, but not that cheap. lol

(sorry, just being the smartass I am. lol)
              Archer
              well it would be the store you bought it from installing it...so call, book an appointment, show up that one day, buy the starter and have them install it on the spot...takes a few hours so grab a coffee and do some x-mas shopping...

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
              1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
                well it would be the store you bought it from installing it...so call, book an appointment, show up that one day, buy the starter and have them install it on the spot...takes a few hours so grab a coffee and do some x-mas shopping...
                i would recommend going to a smaller car shop that does car customizing.. i would even join a local car forum for your area and find the best places to go to.

NEVER EVER take it to places like best buy and have them install it for you

Comment

yea i know im not going to do it, i found someone on CL to do it for a $100. Good deal?
                  oh and this is the one im planning on getting, what do you guys think? thanks for the input

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...+Audiovox.html

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X