No announcement yet.

Mods on a budget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One, skip on the Bosch. They're great plugs for easy driving and lasting a long time. However, they aren't the highest performing. I switched over to the Champions, they have a larger center electrode, and which helps make a noticeable difference in the power. The Champion platinum plugs run within a few cents of the Bosch platinums.
    For gapping, they'll be gapped to the factory spec, which is .45". You'll have to gap them up to .55" if you want to do that. You could even try .60" if you wanted to, I sold my first Camaro before I got there. The 3.8 uses .60", and the exact same coils as the 3.4.
    Lastly, with the changes that you're doing, if you haven't reset the PCM yet, wait until you have them done, and then do it. It just starts everything off with a clean slate.
    Wife and a dog, they both think they\'re Kujo.<br /> <br />1999 3.8 A4 Y87<br />Navy Blue Metallic<br />BFG G-Force KDWS 275/40/17s, <br />WS6 Wheels (17x9)<br />Phoenix Transmissions 2400 Stall Converter<br />FRA, Holley Powershot filter, Whisper Lid, Ported Throttlebody<br />2000 manifolds, Flowmaster, WS6 Tail Pipes, <br />MSD 8.5mm Wires, MSD Coils, Autolite plugs<br />Performance Cryogenics treated rotors<br />1LE Sway Bars and panhard rod, 1LE front springs w/SLP Bilsteins, stock rear springs w/ 3rd Gen Bilsteins, BMR STB, KBDD SFCs, 1LE rear lower control arms, 1LE front lower control arms<p>1968 Chevelle Malibu 327 TH350

Comment

screw bosch plugs! have we taught you nothing?
      6s.......under the hood or under the belt, they just dont cut it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X