This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brown chunks in coolant?

I have the brown crude in my coolant, after just getting it changed about 6 months ago, i hear this is from the dex cool coolant and as far as i know when it was changed the same stuff was put back in, i keep hearing about the problems this dex cool is causing our cars but never hear on wether to change it and replace it with somthing else, does anyone no??? when i flush again what goes back in?

Re: Brown chunks in coolant?

you probably didnt get everything flushed out.

i drained my coolant, filled the rad up with water, let the engine run for a little bit, drained it again, put some of that fluid crap in it, ran it, and kept draining it until the only thing that came out was water.

once you do that, you should be fine to put ether dexcool or the green coolant back in.

i went with prestone extended life that is compatable with any color coolant, and i have not seen any problems.

just remember to use distilled water (or at least filtered water) as water from the hose will mess the coolant up

Comment

Originally posted by LEOMAC23 View Post
      I have the brown crude in my coolant, after just getting it changed about 6 months ago, i hear this is from the dex cool coolant and as far as i know when it was changed the same stuff was put back in, i keep hearing about the problems this dex cool is causing our cars but never hear on wether to change it and replace it with somthing else, does anyone no??? when i flush again what goes back in?

Who changed it, and how?

There is nothing wrong with DexCool if "installed" properly, and is better than the "green" stuff.

DO NOT exceed 50/50 and use ONLY distilled water. Best is to use pre-mix 50/50 and not use any water.
      Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com

"Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Flush all the dex out of there with a machine to get it all out. Then just run the green.

Don't edit my post Robert. Green is fine for our cars, I would not recommend going DEX again.
        Last edited by 97rs4life; 12-07-2008, 10:38 PM.
        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X