t-top leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• t-top leak

Alright so I noticed my t-top has had a leak for a while. Now im just sick of it, is there anything I can do? I dont want to just hope all new seals will fix it, then have it not work.:(

hears my problem....when it rains fairly hard, my passenger side leaks. I notice more towards the hinge side of the door, right by the speaker. If it rains hard enough it actually starts coming out of that little defroster on the pillar. So what i'm thinking is that its leaking from the top and down the pillar. I also think all this moisture is what caused my passenger side speaker to stop working. So that plus the possibility of an electrical fire and mold, has set me into a frantic to get this fixed now.

I will take tips, advice, help. Its gonna be raining allot the next day, im going to get some pics of where you can see the water.:rant:

Re: t-top leak

A quick fix until you can get the actual weather stripping replaced, is use a gel silicone on the spot you think whare its leaking. Get it fixed in the long run b/c the rails and t-top lining will rust and it will turn into a grand to a grand five to fix the whole thing and it may rot your headliner.

3rd-early 4th gens are famous for that.

Comment

Rails are dry though, same with headliner ill look more tomorrow

Comment

you can always take the weather striping off and the rails that hold them in place...bend them. it will make a tighter seal. new weather striping is a good idea. your might also what to do a little fab work to make the striping sit up higher where the car striping and the t top striping meets.

unbolt the striping from the car and use the silc. on the car when you put it back. water could be working its way under.
        WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

I came to start a similar topic, but I'll post in here.

I woke up this morning to a pool of water in the driver seat. It's been leaking for a while but never this bad. It is leaking at the front corner of the seal, where the a-pillar, t-top, and window meet. I'd like to avoid having to replace the striping, cause I don't have the cash to do it. I stuffed a paper towel in there for today, but I'd like a better fix. Any input?

Comment

Thanks for the help! im going to get some pics up! Hopefully i can get this fixed, i dry it out after every storm, but im still afriad of mold.....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X