oil pan issues--recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil pan issues--recommendations?

Ok--I have a 2000 3.8 with 125k on the clock. Not too long ago, I ran over a rock or something in the road that dented my oil pan pretty good. I noticed that the seal may have been slightly broken b/c I noticed oil around the pan, but none was actually dripping onto the ground. About three months ago before working on the car, a buddy of mine (lucky he's still a buddy) decided to jack the car up--from under the oil pan. That did it--the seal is completely gone now and I have oil actually dripping onto the ground. It also drips onto the exhaust pipe and smells awful. Other than the oil loss and the smell, the car runs great--oil pressure is good. How much would I expect to pay to replace the pan? (ALOT I'm sure) A friend of mine says it's not worth it--that some Permatex around the perimeter of the pan would seal it. Ideas? It's driving me crazy--I just changed my oil a little over a month ago and almost a full quart has dripped out already... HELP!!
    --chris--

Re: oil pan issues--recommendations?

The worst part about changing the gasket is you have to jack it up so it clears the K member, I switch to a tubular K so I have no problems with mine. I try to remember and post more in alittle bit.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

parts and labor at a dealership is $400-500. the oil pan doesnt just come off, you have to jack up or rotate the motor a little to get it off.
      96 camaro auto base model<br />slp cai<br />pacesetter headers<br />flowmaster catback<br />35th anniversary ss wheels<br />richmond 3.73<br />98+ ss spoiler<br />hypertech 160 degree thermostat<br />transgo shift kit

Comment

done it many times. it's a pita...and is alot of work. if you don't know what your going.....take it to a dealer
        WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X