Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im sick of my fog light

i have been having problems with my drivers side foglight

basically water keeps getting in there and rusting the metal parts of the bulb and it quits working

i loaded it up with dielectric grease a few months ago and it has been great until today when there was a huge pool of water in the road and i checked all of my lights after driving through it, and saw that the fog light was out again

will i need a new housing, or is it just that little gasket? i have never had the assembly out before so im not really sure how exactly it works

and a little off topic, but today was crazy, raining like hell, i was on a very curvy/hilly road and had no time to stop before the puddle so i basically went a little faster to hydroplane across it.. not sure if i did the right thing, but the water had to be 4-6" deep

Re: im sick of my fog light

It's more than likely the gasket that goes around the bulb.

However, If it's rusted, you should probably pick up a new one.

Enjoy :)

1998 Chevrolet Camaro SS
    New Trans Setup:Rebuilt 4L60E, Yank ST2800 Stall, B&M Trans Cooler,
    TCI Deep Pan, Royal Purple, Trans-go Shift Kit. Should be done in January.

Comment

reminds me of an episode of judge judy where someone wasn't driving according to weather conditions.

Anyways.. take it out and look at it. I can't really tell you what's wrong with it through the internet. It should be obvious if it's cracked but I'd say it's likely the gasket or an improper installation. It happens, I've done it before.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by MAYH3M View Post
        It's more than likely the gasket that goes around the bulb.

However, If it's rusted, you should probably pick up a new one.

Enjoy :)
        assuming i bought this, would i have to buy 2 of them? i HATE seeing cars that drive passed me with one dull and one bright fog light

Originally posted by Blizzard242 View Post
        reminds me of an episode of judge judy where someone wasn't driving according to weather conditions.

Anyways.. take it out and look at it. I can't really tell you what's wrong with it through the internet. It should be obvious if it's cracked but I'd say it's likely the gasket or an improper installation. It happens, I've done it before.
        well, im not sure if i did the right thing.. i will tell you this, i didnt want to slow down and have my car floating on the road, i actually drove on the opposite side of the road where it was shallower to go over it

why do you say it should be obvious if it is cracked? i dont recall seeing any water in the housing, but i dont inspect it all of the time.. and the housing is pretty dull from rocks hitting it

where could i get a gasket from?

Comment

I just said it would be obvious if it was cracked lol cause you'd be able to see the crack when you get it out.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

did you crash? if no, you did the right thing

Comment

I had the same issue with my Firebird before someone smashed into it. All I did was drill holes in the bottom of the light assembly to drain the water out before it reached the light bulb. It worked :)... for me...

Comment

on a related issue, my bolts holding up those little trap doors for opening the foglights got rusted and/or stripped. managed to get most of them out last time I changed the fogs, but I broke a little of the plastic part on one side; now that whole door droops about an inch. Glue? ziptie?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X