clicking starter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clicking starter

hi guys,,,,about 4 years in a row before the car starts,it clicks a few time then it engages, its not the bendix,because it does not spin freely,it just clicks,finally,i bought a new starter,and you know....it clicks again,,,i know it click in the solenoid,but is it possible that the new starter has a bad solenoid too??? or could be another thing causing that clicking? with the old starter it clicks a few time then it engages,with the new one it clicks an eternity before it engages,and some times it just stops clicking until it cools down i guess.

Re: clicking starter

low battery or its not mounted correctly

Comment

I've seen techs hang bad parts all the time, is it rebuilt or new?...but as cam98aro stated, if it isn't getting enough juice, it'll click.

I doubt you installed it incorrectly...but check your connections and ground. If not, exchange it.

Comment

Do as stated above, but also check the terminals. If they're corroded, the electric connection will be heavily affected.

And yes, I've replaced a starter once and the new one was bad. No big deal, just return or exchange it.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cam98aro View Post
          low battery or its not mounted correctly
          new battery,,, but i will check the connections,tnx

Comment

Definitely check the terminals at the starter and especially the battery for any signs of corrosion. I would suggest cleaning the battery terminals and the cables just in case. Sometimes there is corrosion on there that you cannot see.
            2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X