oil change question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil change question

yeah how many quarts does it take to change it. b/c I am going to change my own this time.

1997 Y87 Camaro with a motor and some stuff.

Comment

Even with a filter change I can not get mine to hold anymore than 4.
      RED 1995 CAMARO 3.4L<br />Moroso cai, ASP Underdrive Pulleys, B&M Shifter, Flowmaster 80-Series Muffler, Polygraphite Sway Bar Bushings, Endlinks, and Panhard Rod Bushings

Comment

i put 5 in my 98 is that too much?

Comment

The 3.4L takes something stupid like 4.23 pints or something.

The 3.8 is 4.5.

I don't know why you wouldn't be able to get that much oil in the car, roger. How could you even tell it's full? I mean, it's not like it comes out the dipstick when it's full or something.

-Brian
          Maroon 1995 Camaro<br />No mods yet...<br />Lucky to have found this site!

Comment

just a note: i know it may hurt but change oil when its near normal operating temp. particles suspended in the oil are more likely to remain suspended and drain out when the engine has been recently run. if you let the car sit overnight and change oil in the morining 1st thing without starting it up and running it for a little while, these particles have settled and may not drain from the engine.
            ASE Master, L1, X1, C1. Instructor in automotive systems. 99 3800 4L60E with a few mods and a greatful dead sticker on the back window.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated again due to fire
              by ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
              1 week ago
            • RPDRed6
              For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
              by RPDRed6
              Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
              3 weeks ago
            • ssms5411
              No start problem
              by ssms5411
              So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X