Problem with air/fuel gauge hookup (Precat) - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with air/fuel gauge hookup (Precat)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with air/fuel gauge hookup (Precat)

Hi guys, i'm hooking up an air/fuel gauge right now and i'm having problems with the sensor wire. I'm connecting it to the pre-cat sensor. There are 4 wires coming from there. Dark Blue, Black, Pink, and Grey. At first I tapped it into the grey wire. The Gauge powered up and when I ran it, it constantly stayed on the Lean side. So after doing some more researching I found out that it's the blue wire I wanted to tap into. So I connected it to the blue wire. The gauge powers up and this time it stays constantly on the rich side of the gauge. No movement at all when i'm revving my engine. I don't know what else to do? Is my sensor bad or something? Please help me.

when I hooked mine up I didnt bother with splicing any wires, I just went and bought a new o2 sensor and had it welded in there....only 1 wire and it looks much cleaner..maybee try another wire until it works???...you only got2more to try ;)

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
    05' CTS-V
    00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

Well, I figured I better just put everything back together, so I left if connected to the blue wire. After I cleaned everything up I drove down the road a little bit and it slowly started to work. By the end of the street it started working perfectly, so i'm definatley happy about that. Makes sense though, since we have heated o2 sensors that it would take a little while for it to start reading. Still getting used to reading it. The reason I got it was because of my new fuel pump and to make sure the regulator is working correctly with it. At WOT the sensor pegs it's self on rich, and when I let off it hits lean. When i'm in the neighborhood it stays on stoich pretty well. Sometimes rich. But for the most part I think i'm alright.

Comment

thats about what mine does, I however dont have heated O2 sensors, so mine takes a little longer to work....good job ;)

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
        05' CTS-V
        00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X