No announcement yet.

How to increase mpg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many gallons do our fuel tanks hold. I thought it was 14 or 15.
    RED 1995 CAMARO 3.4L<br />Moroso cai, ASP Underdrive Pulleys, B&M Shifter, Flowmaster 80-Series Muffler, Polygraphite Sway Bar Bushings, Endlinks, and Panhard Rod Bushings

Comment

Hey slown-n-ugly where are you located in Norman?
      RED 1995 CAMARO 3.4L<br />Moroso cai, ASP Underdrive Pulleys, B&M Shifter, Flowmaster 80-Series Muffler, Polygraphite Sway Bar Bushings, Endlinks, and Panhard Rod Bushings

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by srogersilkl:
        How many gallons do our fuel tanks hold. I thought it was 14 or 15.<hr></blockquote>

FYI: newer camaro's hold 16.8gallons

don't know about the older 4th gens

Comment

btw, getting rid of your muffler saves you like 30 lbs. run a straight pipe out the back and see if that helps.
          2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />T-Tops, 3.42 rear gear stock<br />Mods:K&N Air Filter,Whisper Air Induction Lid, maf screen removed, raised air box, Kumho Ecsta 712 255-50-ZR16 tires, BMR stb<br />Mods not installed yet: FTRA, SLP Lsd/Differential cover<br />Near Future Mods: HPP3, GMMG 3\" Exhaust , 1LE Swaybars, Transgo Shift Kit, MSD-DIS-4 w/ Accel Coil-Packs, Turquoise Blue Neon Underbody Kit, BMR Adj. LCA\'s, G2 Sfc\'s & V-braces, Pacesetter headers

Comment

My 3.4 5 speed averages 220-260 miles per tank. I think this is average for most of us heavy footed F-Body drivers ;) .

Comment

I think the older 4th gen. Hold 15.6 gallons
              1994 <br />3.4 V6<br />black firebird

Comment

my 99 bird has a 16.8 gal tank
                Mike<br /><a href=\"http://www.my99firebird.gq.nu\" target=\"_blank\">www.my99firebird.gq.nu</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by C.Palmer:
                  I'd pay extra for gas before I was trendy enough to get an import.

<hr></blockquote>

camaros/firebirds..and mustangs aren't trendy? [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

..but anyway..i usually get around 300. My timings advanced..and plus i sometimes race people during the week. eh. oh well.
                  1996 Honda Civic Hatch<p><a href=\"http://www.jspek.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.jspek.com</a>

Comment

SROGERSILKL I did mention something to you. I doubt it is your fuel filter because mine was clogged beyond belief. My problem was fuel pump the fuel filter change did not do much to my car but it could affect mpg due to less pressure.
                    1995 Camaro 3.4 v6. Dead<br />1995 Trans Am FIPK.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                      Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                      by ssms5411
                      Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                      1 week ago
                    • RPDRed6
                      For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                      by RPDRed6
                      Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                      3 weeks ago
                    • ssms5411
                      No start problem
                      by ssms5411
                      So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                      4 weeks ago
                    • SixShooter'00Camaro
                      Revival
                      by SixShooter'00Camaro
                      Working on getting my 99 Camaro back in action. Long story short, got parked in the garage about 5 years ago (kids, career stuff ect.) trying to get her...
                      4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X