Car starts, runs for a few seconds, then quits? I need help! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car starts, runs for a few seconds, then quits? I need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Car starts, runs for a few seconds, then quits? I need help!

i've heard of people cleaning their intakes - works fine after that
    Leonard
    www.fquick.com/96V6Junkie
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ajzcamaro View Post
      It just seems weird because I thought the IAC would cause erractic reving which I don't have. Either way I'm hoping this is all the problem is.
      when i removed my IAC to clean it, and after i had it back in, when i went to start my car, it cranked longer than normal, then started up for a few seconds, then stalled again.

did that a few times until i hit the gas on startup

the IAC does also cause weird rpm problems also

its kinda like a choke in a way, where it will let air passed the throttle body, if yours isnt working correctly.. especially with this cold weather, it may be causing a quick lean condition, which the car cant compensate for in time, and it will stall

Comment

Update: I cleaned the hell out of the IAC valve, checked the TPS sensor, replaced the PCV valve, and extreme cleaned the TB and now the car is running correctly again. The IAC valve was sooo clogged up that it could not move. Now I've gotta tackle why my car acts like it runs on 5 cylinders every now and then. I think one of the coils have taken a dump on me since the plugs and wires are brand new.

Comment

either that or a bad valve stem seal, causing an oil fouled plug...ive had that happen before.
          Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Yeah the old plugs had a little bit of oil on them but nothing major. I really think the coil is bad b/c one of the connection points looks burnt. I'm going to replace it today when I get home from work and see how that works out for me lol.

Comment

Good job on getting the IAC thing resolved.
              2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Good thing too b/c I was about to pull my hair out. I went to the parts store yesterday and the clerk gave me two new coils for free since I go up there so much. Seems to have fixed the rough running problem for now.

Comment

Good, sounds like your car is on the mend.
                  2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X