Manual fan switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual fan switch

Instead of getting a 160 or 180 thermostat, is it better to just get a manual fan switch and leave it on all the time?

no its not cause the termostat wont open till 195 if you dont change the thermostat and so it wont help that muchjust buy a 160 or 180 which ever you like more for 10 bucks hell the manaul fan switch is the exspensive part

ohh yea i dont belive this belongs in advanced tech i see it moving to general

Comment

if you want a manual fan switch, turn the ac on and then wait 10 seconds and turn it back to fresh air. your electric fan turns on and will cool you down just the same as a manual.
      For Sale<p>Mods so Far:<br />Tb Coolant Bypass, NGK Vpower Plugs, Accel 8mm Wires, Gutted Cat, TransAm Muffler, K&N FIPK, Crower Baja Cam, Comp Cams Magnum Rocker Arms 1.52 Ratio, Ported Throttlebody, Ported Intake Manifold, 3.73s and Auburn LSD, Yellow Underbody Neons, Milled Heads, Pacesetter Headers, TransGo Shift Kit, 1 Piece DS, Accel Coils, Rk Sport Air Temperature Module<p>Soon Mods:<br />Nos 5175, Rims, Stage 2 Jet Chip, Jet Underdrive Pullys, Strut Tower Brace, Subframe Connectors, Speed Calibrator, Lowering Springs

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by xFactoRx:
        if you want a manual fan switch, turn the ac on and then wait 10 seconds and turn it back to fresh air. your electric fan turns on and will cool you down just the same as a manual.<hr></blockquote>

thanks bro, I never knew that.

Comment

Moving to General Tech. This is a very basic topic.
          Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by xFactoRx:
            if you want a manual fan switch, turn the ac on and then wait 10 seconds and turn it back to fresh air. your electric fan turns on and will cool you down just the same as a manual.<hr></blockquote>

Not the best solution.

All the AC does is take heat out of the air and put it into the cooling system. That is why the fan comes on automatically when you turn on the AC. That is also why, in some cars, on a hot and humid day you have to turn your AC off if you get stuck in traffic or you car will over heat.

Turning on the AC may cool down the car because our electric fans can cool the radiator faster than the AC can heat it up. However a manual fan switch will work much faster and will get the coolant temp much lower.
            <b>LS1 RX7! </b> &#0124;&#0124; <a href=\"http://www.no-bling.com/image_galleries/index.php?action=viewgallery&gallery=galleries/eyeoutthere_LS1_FC\" target=\"_blank\">Full Gallery</a> <br /><br />LT1 Header Informtion/survey

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by EyeOutThere:

Not the best solution.

All the AC does is take heat out of the air and put it into the cooling system. That is why the fan comes on automatically when you turn on the AC. That is also why, in some cars, on a hot and humid day you have to turn your AC off if you get stuck in traffic or you car will over heat.

Turning on the AC may cool down the car because our electric fans can cool the radiator faster than the AC can heat it up. However a manual fan switch will work much faster and will get the coolant temp much lower.
              <hr></blockquote>

yeah plus if your AC is running your car will be slower [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Also the man fan switch allows for lowspeed and highspeed fan operation, the AC is only good for low speed operation. When drag racing I know I need one... my hypertech does a fine job keeping it below 195 normally around town - but staging in the drag race lines it shoots right to that 190/195 range without mercy :( I'll do one someday when I get a drill lol.
                2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
                Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Yeah... put in a manual switch! Best mod i've done for drag racing hands down so far! 2 hours and 20$ [img]smile.gif[/img]

Pics and instructions on my website if you want them.
                  1997 silver Camaro RS<br />|T-Type Powered|<br /><a href=\"http://www.kwfbody.com\" target=\"_blank\">Looking for a local F-Body club in K/W, Ontario, Canada?</a>

Comment

I opened the thread and I'm like hey I didn't post this...but wait this was back in March! [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

Thanks for the input still guys, but I'm done modding my Camaro so I'll probably not be doing this.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X