sun visor is broken. help fix please - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sun visor is broken. help fix please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sun visor is broken. help fix please

heres the story, when i got my car last summer my car had a broken sun visor on the passanger side and i still have then visor under my seat. well, today after leaving taco bell, i adjusted my driver side visor and it came out. i can stick it in and it stays but when i move it, it falls. both visor look identical. by that, i mean like the end that is in the head liner. can anyone tell me how to fix the damn things. i care so much cause my driver side one holds my radar detector.
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

go to the yard and get another one...or two [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

well, can anyone explain how the visor joint works if you dont know how to fix it. is there like a ball holding it in? by the way, i have searched.

Comment

Do you still have the little spring and stuff that came out?
        I had the same problem, all I did was get washer big enogh to hold the spring in place and I held it down with a screw using the hole that is in the visor arm allready. You'll have to take the mounting that is held by the 3 screws on the roof first.
        ~S87 Black 99 Firebird~

Comment

i dont believe the passanger side had any spring but i will look on my driver side right now. it might have fallen on the floor in the car when it fell.

Comment

here what i got. no springs or anything. i havent opened the diver side yet but im guessing the spring wont be in there. all i have is the visor, black elbow, and then a metal hallow shaft that is kinda rinkled at the end like its holding something. im guess it is suppose to hola a spring? i'll open the driver side triangle thing and see what in it. also, i have opened the passanger side before and never saw anything. i would figure if a spring fell off up there it might roll/fall somewhere else above the head liner.

Comment

update. there is a spring i found in the driver side but not in the passanger

Comment

Same exact thing happened to my driver's side sun visor only weeks after I bought the car. But the car had 73,000 on it. It's a '97 and I bought it in '01. I just went to the dealer and bought a new one for about $50. :rolleyes: The thing probably costs them about $5 to make. :mad:

Comment

I had it fall off just driving down the road on my 2000 Camaro hit me in the head an pissed me off.
                  2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

Originally posted by 9t9fb:
                    Do you still have the little spring and stuff that came out?
                    I had the same problem, all I did was get washer big enogh to hold the spring in place and I held it down with a screw using the hole that is in the visor arm allready. You'll have to take the mounting that is held by the 3 screws on the roof first.
                    well, i'll try you idea. sounds good. does anyone have any ideas for my passanger side that i dont have the spring for? maybe i can find a sping that will fit at walmart or something

Comment

update: i fixed the driver side by using a washer and screwing down the shaft. i did the same thing on the passanger side too. i just found a spring that fit that was laying my garage. i finally have a sun visor on my passanger side [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]

i spent the whole day going through salvage yards finding the little **** that was wrong with my car when i got it. plus, for all you who know about my finder that is dented, i found one that is in perfect condition and the same color as my car i looking at. i just have to ask a buddy if he will want to weld it on for me. great day yesterday [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X