getting my 1/4 mile time to the 14's - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

getting my 1/4 mile time to the 14's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting my 1/4 mile time to the 14's

i am really trying to get my 02 firebird into the 14's. so far i have a cat back magnaflow, msd ignition, and a hypertech power programmer. Im waiting for a whisper lid. if anyone knows what i can do to push me into the 14s let me know. it would be greatly appreciated... Im also thinking about seafoaming my car to get the carbon deposits out and making the car run like new... let me know you guys. Thanks
    Dave

Re: getting my 1/4 mile time to the 14's

you should be there.. or within a tenth or 2 off
    2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
    1991 3000GT VR4
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

i think with these upgrades i have it will be around 15.3 or something if i get a good launch... i need to beat a prelude tho. lol

Comment

i ran 15.3 with intake exhaust on 3.42s in a open rear car.. that was with my fat *** driving (220 lbs) 300lbs in the trunk.. (2 subs, massive box, 2 amps, 1 cap, and luggage) i was on a trip when i ran it at the track.. and 3/4 tank of gas... all that weight added on a 100% stock weight car no pcm programming was done just intake and exhaust..
        2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
        1991 3000GT VR4

Comment

what do you run now and with what upgrades???

Comment

depends on your budget and what kind of power you're looking to make my man...looking for a target track time is different than looking for 300hp. get that thing breathing better with a cai and lid, finish out the exhaust with a hi flow cat/headers, possibly a full 3" exhaust, then look to get the power to the ground with lower gears (3.42's, 3.73's, 4.10's etc), a rear diff, lca's, sticky tires, and an aluminum driveshaft...basically, bolt-ons, bolt-ons, bolt-ons.

if you want a real pick up in power and have the time, money, and patience to tune, swap in a better cam like the gt2 or an abbott and look into internals and get less restrictive heads...the options are there, just depends on how far you want to go.
            pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
            gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

4.10s and weight reduction

Comment

Originally posted by cubsfanman3 View Post
                what do you run now and with what upgrades???
                i haven't ran it since it got dyno'd @ 200 www.fquick.com/superfrankie for mod list and it won't get ran again till this spring by then it will have a powerdyne on it.. it is going on as soon as i clear one of my 2 other cars out of the garage lol
                2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
                1991 3000GT VR4

Comment

ook. how hard is it to put in the 4.10s??? can a stock tranny handle it??? is it a job you can do in the garage. as long as it isnt as bad as my fuel pump where i had to drop the rear axle and gas tank. pain in the ***.

Comment

putting them in scale 1-10 maybe a 4-5 setting them up is the WHORE! lol i took my rear down 6 times in a 30 day span to get my rear end perfect.. but you really don;t need 4.10s they are way overrated lol i have 3.42 and love them i wouldn't go higher than 3.73
                    2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
                    1991 3000GT VR4

Comment

Originally posted by BallerMaro13 View Post
                      depends on your budget and what kind of power you're looking to make my man...looking for a target track time is different than looking for 300hp. get that thing breathing better with a cai and lid, finish out the exhaust with a hi flow cat/headers, possibly a full 3" exhaust, then look to get the power to the ground with lower gears (3.42's, 3.73's, 4.10's etc), a rear diff, lca's, sticky tires, and an aluminum driveshaft...basically, bolt-ons, bolt-ons, bolt-ons.

if you want a real pick up in power and have the time, money, and patience to tune, swap in a better cam like the gt2 or an abbott and look into internals and get less restrictive heads...the options are there, just depends on how far you want to go.
                      vr4gasm kept sayin all that crap about weight for a reason. it slows you down.

step 1- make a pass in your car as it sits, notate time.
                      step 2- clean all the crap out of your car, trash in the center console, glove box
                      step 3- remove spare tire and jack, subs, floor mats, and other unncessary junk in your car
                      step 4-make a new pass see what weight reduction does.

hell, if your a tubby, put someone skinny (preferably that can drive) in the drivers seat and see what happens

also just remember, mods support each other, what you do on the exhaust side will complement what you do on intake. i did headers and full 2.5 exhaust with no cat, and saw good improvement. then i got a lid, and saw even more improvement. throwing money at it is never a good thing, everything has to work together.

14's are totally realistic with a bolt on car.
                      Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

how long of a job is the 3.42?? i dont want to have to rip rear end apart at all after replacing them...

Comment

what gears do you have now? you might already have 3.42 and not know it..
                          2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
                          1991 3000GT VR4

Comment

true true. i was looking at getting some pacesetters this spring. were those hard to install??

Comment

how can i tell what gears i have in it??? i have an 02 firebird with all the upgrades with the traction control and everything with auto transmission...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X