new problem. heater core?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new problem. heater core?

well I just replaced the radiator and now I have a lake of anti freeze on the passenger side floor baord. what would cause this? I did notic that when I replaced the radiator that the people who had it before me were using green coolant that is probably what caused the problems? I have a 1996 3.8 is ther a cheap teperary fix so I can drive my car? also does anyone know the part # or price of a heater core from Gmpartsirect.com? any help would be great. thanks.

Yes it is the heater core. Not sure of any part numbers. You can do it yourself but its a pain. I had to do it on my old 85 IROC-Z, not sure if its any different on the newer ones.
    2003 Nissan 350Z Touring Coupe, Daytona Blue, Frost leather interior, navigation, 18 inch wheels, M6, fully loaded, intake, crank pulley.<br /><br />Previous cars:<br />1991 Mustang (347)<br />2002 RS Camaro<br />1985 IROC-Z (305)<br />1994 Camaro convertible V6

Comment

yeah sounds liek the heater core...

Do you ever really use your heater in AZ? May want to consider just unhooking the lines and connecting them if you wanna save some money.

ITs not that hard but like said a pain in the ***... I did it on a 92 GMC Jimmy.

Comment

Yes, 99.99% of the time antifreeze on the passenger floor means the heater core is leaking.

If you don't really use your heat, or can live without it for a while, then just disconnect the heater core lines in the engine bay, and connect the two lines that used to go into it together.

Heater cores are pretty cheap (paid $30ish for the one I bought for my grandpa's early 90's S-10), but the installation is a PITA.

- Justin
        <a href=\"http://www.njfboa.org\" target=\"_blank\">New Jersey F-Body Owners Association</a><br />1987 Camaro LT - 400sbc, Aluminum L98\'s w/valve job, Comp XE 274, Q-Junk 750, 3.23 posi, 4.10\'s soon.<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.njfboa.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=11\" target=\"_blank\">East Coast F-Body Nationals - August 14, 2005</a>

Comment

ok thanks alot so if I just pull of the two hoses that I can see from the engine bay that connect up by the firewall and connect them together it wont leak anymore? I donr ever use the heat espically now that is heating up. thanks.

Comment

yeah jsut the two hoses under the hood. jsut disconnect them and maybe get an inline hose repair kit form a car store, and hose clamp it on, shoudl work fine.

Comment

thanks for all the help I thought I was screwed. good looking out.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X