90* Spark Plug Wire Boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90* Spark Plug Wire Boots

My straight boot MSD wire going into #6 has been giving me a hell of a lot of trouble recently. It rests exactly in between the two Pacesetter Header pipes and keeps getting burnt up. I put the eBay boot protector on it but it seems that because the boot is smashed up against the pipe it's still getting burnt.

I was thinking a 90* boot would fix my problem up. Does anyone know where I could purchase just one spark plug wire with the 90* boot? I did a search and found that Taylor makes but not for the 2000 3.8L which may fit but I haven't been able to find anything not in a set.

Any other recommendations would help as well, thanks.

Re: 90* Spark Plug Wire Boots

make your own to whatever length you need. Put whatever boots you want on it then.
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Yeah I need to deal with that too. I still have my stockers on :) What's a good kit for that?

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Make my own huh? That sounds rough. What would I need to do that?

Comment

some hand tools and a cutters. Not that hard
          http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

o'reilly has em for assorted vehicles...but i would try to make my own. i did on my vee-dub when i relocated my coil behind the fan.
            Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Yeah, there is a cut and crimp your own wires.

I have 90 degree MSD's, dunno if you can buy just one, but they work awesome.

Comment

when i did my headers i went ahead and bought a whole set of 90* wires...the instructions recommended it.
                Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Where can I buy a set of these DIY wires?

Comment

ummm.. are you serious? Autozone, NAPA, O'Reilly's, Murray's.... the list goes on. They're "universal". You select boot angle, gauge, and i think length depending on brand.

Comment

You can buy just the MSD ends and terminals to put on your wires. The big mail order companies have them. They also sell the crimping tool if you want that too.
                      sigpic

Comment

I run my straight boots with protectors with my RKsport headers and I have had no prolems for about 2-3 years now. I had 90's before and they worked fine. I just had a good deal on the straight boots so I got them.
                        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

the reason why i hated those wires. i've had taylor for a while now. i also put talyor heat shields on also
                          WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

or you can just pick up a full set of the plug wires for the f-body with the non tublar manifolds (they are stock 90* bends)

Comment

Would these be suitable replacements for making my own wire? They are listed as plug boots but look exactly like what MSD has going into my coils right now. Does it make a difference?

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X