NOBODY can figure this out! stumped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NOBODY can figure this out! stumped

TPS? Controls more than you would ever think...
    sigpic
    98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Comment

yeah but i dont think a switch on the brake pedal that controls the brake lights and TCC would cause this irratic idleing at the same time? and i i had the tps and iac replaced , did nothing?? this is driving me nuts!! whats involved in changing the CTS cause i think that might be my problem, its like the car thinks its cold and is runnig rich and not locking, like its getting mixed signals?

Comment

is your battery good?

Comment

Yeah i think , but how could this cause these problems??

Comment

Originally posted by LEOMAC23 View Post
            Yeah i think , but how could this cause these problems??
            bad batterys can do a bunch of crazy electrical things.

i have a car that when i had a bad battery in it, it would shake and stall when i hit the brakes

Comment

Bad, weak, old batterys can cause all kinds of problems. Dealership mechanics are usually far from the best they work on the same things all day everyday working in a dealership makes you a worse tech because of the shear lack of diversity in what you work on and experience. Sure there awesome at working on 1 car or a few specific cars but not anything and everything just try going to a chevy dealer and ask a question about a ford now try it at a small shop wanna guess where your probably gonna get the better answer

Comment

I always thought the battery was for starting purposes and for accesories when the car wasnt started and that when it was started the alternator feed the accesories?? I just cant see a battery causing such a wide range of problems, and then disappering after warming up. i think the fact that the problems persit until it is restarted with the car warm has something to do with it, its like when the car is started a sensor is putting out a reading for a cold car and not adjusting itself as the car warms up, but when shut off and turned back on after warming it gives new readings.anything mechanical just doesnt make sense because if it was a mechanical problem that went away when warm it would do it on its own and not need a restart to fix itself.i appreciate all the input on this.
                Last edited by LEOMAC23; 03-08-2009, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LEOMAC23 View Post
                  I always thought the battery was for starting purposes and for accesories when the car wasnt started and that when it was started the alternator feed the accesories?? I just cant see a battery causing such a wide range of problems, and then disappering after warming up. i think the fact that the problems persit until it is restarted with the car warm has something to do with it, its like when the car is started a sensor is putting out a reading for a cold car and not adjusting itself as the car warms up, but when shut off and turned back on after warming it gives new readings.anything mechanical just doesnt make sense because if it was a mechanical problem that went away when warm it would do it on its own and not need a restart to fix itself.i appreciate all the input on this.
                  that is exactly what i said earlier..

and the battery does way more than just run your stuff, it is used as a load on your system

having a bad battery creates more of a load, and works your alternator harder, if you are getting that temp sensor code, i would assume that your fans are on, having the fans on with a bad battery and an overworking alternator will cause a rough idle, and can even stall the car when put in gear

Comment

well i only got the code once and it does this all the time when cold, and the fans arnt on, my battery isnt that old so i dont think its that, and again i dont see how it would go away after its warm and restarted, just doesnt make alot of sense to me for the battery to cause these things,and if the battery was being used while driving then how would it ever get charged, it would be losing power while the car was off and while the car was on meaning it would eventually run out. And the idle is more of a flucuating one then a rough one,and while its doing this if i tap the gas even a slight bit ,while in park, the rpms seem to keep rising slowly to about 2500rpms and slowly fall back down to 1000, and turning the heat or ac makes it jump up and down?
                    Last edited by LEOMAC23; 03-08-2009, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X