oil pan removal for 3.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil pan removal for 3.8

Hey guys i was wondering if the oil pan would drop right out or is the crossmember gonna be in the way?

Re: oil pan removal for 3.8

The crossmember is going to be in the way I am pretty sure.

Comment

x2:tdown:

Comment

yeah you have to unbolt the engine mounts and lift the engine up a little bit. The oil pickup that goes into the oil pan gets stuck on the oil pan unless you can pull the pan pretty much strait down

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

biggest pita.... deff not an easy job.
          WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

It is easy. Just take your time and do it properly and stay positive.

Comment

i made a thread about this a while ago.. i still have to change mine, but as kristen said, it seems hard.. IIRC she said the first time she did it, it took her 8? hours

im hoping it will be a bit easier for just a gasket change, i might be able to work my way around the pickup

Comment

daaaaaammn 8 hours. I installed a lift and welding up some exhaust in less time than that. Im sure she was farting around too. I can remove the pan and install a new gasket in less than an hour. hahaha I also have a shop with all air tools and heavy machinery and best of all a pit.

Comment

Originally posted by chevy3504me View Post
                  daaaaaammn 8 hours. I installed a lift and welding up some exhaust in less time than that. Im sure she was farting around too. I can remove the pan and install a new gasket in less than an hour. hahaha I also have a shop with all air tools and heavy machinery and best of all a pit.
                  [IMG]http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g53/ahhwataday/truckweld.jpg[IMG]
                  [IMG]http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g53/ahhwataday/trucklift.jpg[IMG]
                  yeah, i wasnt really sure.. i mean i have changed oil pan gaskets in the passed, and it wasnt very hard at all.. disconnect engine mounts, lift engine up a bit, remove oil pan bolts, drop oilpan down a bit, then fish the gasket around the pump pickup

a lot easier with a lift though, which i dont have

Comment

damn thats what i figured, thanks guys....and gal lol

Comment

im just changing the gasket so i might be able to work around it, we'll see

Comment

I'd lift the engine, if thats what you're talking about going around. Get it high enough to remove the pan and clean the old gasket off extremely well or you will be doing it again. Like i say, just stay positive and be fortunate you are able to have the opportunity to have a camaro to work on haha. I know alot of negative guys that either spend more money then they should or they get pissed easily. Good luck to you

Comment

Originally posted by chevy3504me View Post
                          I'd lift the engine, if thats what you're talking about going around. Get it high enough to remove the pan and clean the old gasket off extremely well or you will be doing it again. Like i say, just stay positive and be fortunate you are able to have the opportunity to have a camaro to work on haha. I know alot of negative guys that either spend more money then they should or they get pissed easily. Good luck to you
                          true, also to get some of the engine sludge buildup out

Comment

i've done mine 3 times. i should really rephase.... if you have the correct tools and take your time it's not hard just a time consumming pita
                            WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

3 times???

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X