gasmileage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gasmileage

Is it normal for a firebird to burn threw a half a tank quick, it seem when my car has a full tank its gets really good gas mileage but from a half a tank i could be drive a short ways and watch the need move slowly down
    cold air intake <br />80 series flowmaster<br />no cat (straight pipe)<br />rebel flag

Mine does that, it takes forever to get to half tank but after that it just drops.
    1997 Camaro RS<br />--------------------<br />K&N CAI<br />2 1/2 inch dual Borla<br />Bosch Platinum +4 Plugs

Comment

Our tanks are shaped like a V so our gauges aren't really accurate. It is completely normal to go "threw" the second half (according to the gauge) quicker.

Comment

As HokieBird said, our tanks are roughly triangular in profile, so they little float in there doesn't do a great job of telling you exactly how much fuel is left in there.

Based on 8 years of driving observations, on my car:
        Full line = ~3/4 tank
        3/4 line = ~1/2 tank
        1/2 line = ~1/3 tank
        1/4 line = ~3-4 gallons (depending on time of day and/or phase of the moon)
        just over empty line = ~2 gallons

...but I'm not sure that this is the same for other cars.
        1997 Camaro, Y87 Perf. Package, iRotor Drilled & Slotted Brakes, Bilstien Shocks, Custom drive shaft, K&N Filter, & Mobil 1 synthetic. 202+K miles and still drives like new.<br />-If you can\'t stomp \'em in the straights, kill \'em in the corners...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X