X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fuel pump question

does it start and run right now?
    Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

It depends. I know the first time I try everyday it will run.

But its just random. I can wait 2 hours and it will start right up. Or I have to wait a whole day before it runs again.

It started when I came from work today and died about 2 minutes later. (im not driving the car) When it ran no SES light was on everthing looked and sounded normal until it dies.

Comment

If you are going to invest in a code reader, I would get one that allows you to look at the datastream coming from the sensors in real time. That will go a long way toward helping you diagnose problems. A basic code reader will help, but being able to view what's happening at each sensor real-time would be very valuable.
        2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

those are expensive...you got any good buddies that work at shops??

im just gonna say this...egr.
          Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Yah im thinking in getting a better one. But would the codes still be read even with the key in the on position? The car doesn't have to run right?

Why egr?? why do you suspect that?

Comment

cause i had a 95 1500 that would just randomly stall out, i was stumped and had a guy tell me to replace the egr, i did and it stopped stalling out on me...that very well could have just been a fluke, but i would research it, and try to get a buddy with a good scan tool.
              Team NoVa

Comment

Or just get the basic scanner, it's better than nothing.

The OBD1 days were nice when you just jumped the contacts with a paper clip and the car told you the code for free.
                2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Will the basic scanner tell me codes that have come up before too?

Comment

It will give you any codes that are currently stored in the system. I think that if a code was set a while back, and whatever set the code has not happened for a certain amount of time, then the code goes away. But since your issue is ongoing, if it's causing a code, it will be in there.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X