Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by camaroincal:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by sac2165:
    2001 + SLP RS's boast +5 hp for having the dual exhaust. The rest of the modifications deal with suspension.
    I wonder what that exhaust sounds like... </font>[/QUOTE]Its prolly just z28 take off exhaust. Go go SLP Recycling "performance"
    00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

Originally posted by master:
      . Well I used to have drums on the back of my car a year ago. I went to junk yard and swaped it with a Posi from a 97 Camaro SS and it fit perfectly.
      Oh, so you swapped rear ends? That's a little different than just putting in a LSD. ;)
      Matt
      1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
      Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

well i took my camaro to the track and i hit a 14.0's at 97 mph......hahahahh so happy ,, iam placing the picture of the slip as soon i get the digital camera back ,,, i am also going to place my camaro picture ...is very nice...

Comment

posi makes differece

Comment

Originally posted by 98Camaro3.8:
            </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by camaroincal:
            </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Brian_D:
            "assuming there's no wheelspin"

That's the kicker. You can apply more torque to the wheels without getting wheelspin with a LSD. i.e. more power to the wheels before they break loose.

-Brian
            I see..So in the same conditions and cars, you can launch at a higher rpm with traction with lsd than an open differential. Better 60 foot times I suppose. :D </font>[/QUOTE]If you currently have traction problems, then an LSD will definetly help. It will not, however, improve acceleration. You're putting the same power to the ground, so you will accelerate at the same rate. But by launching higher, you can cut some time from your 60'. </font>[/QUOTE]You're not putting the same power to the ground, you're putting MORE. If it takes X power to break one wheel loose, then it takes X + Y power to break two loose. (not quite... for the calculation you just double the area of the tire patch) X + Y &gt; X. That added power potential applies at every opportunity for breaking the traction, usualy at 2nd gear at least and sometimes 3rd depending on weight.

You have to be skilled enough to use that power potential on the track, but an LSD will improve 60' times as well as acceleration. Math doesn't lie. Don't believe the 1-wheel spinners.

-Brian

Comment

Originally posted by camaroincal:
              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by sac2165:
              2001 + SLP RS's boast +5 hp for having the dual exhaust. The rest of the modifications deal with suspension.
              I wonder what that exhaust sounds like... </font>[/QUOTE]- Nothing really special. Mine lasted all of about 2 weeks before I got the Borla.
              <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sac2165\" target=\"_blank\"> CAMAROS</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                by ssms5411
                Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                1 week ago
              • RPDRed6
                For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                by RPDRed6
                Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                3 weeks ago
              • ssms5411
                No start problem
                by ssms5411
                So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X