My car is eating my gas tank is this normal!!!!???? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My car is eating my gas tank is this normal!!!!????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My car is eating my gas tank is this normal!!!!????

i currently have a 98 firebird 3.8 5 speed manual with 99,000 miles and with no modification and my car is going through gas like nothing it literally takes about 3 days of normal driving to kill 3/4 of my tank is this normal and what can i do? ive tried gas additives like Lucas and all those and nothing still doing the same ?

Re: My car is eating my gas tank is this normal!!!!????

Any leaks or strong gas smell anywhere?

Comment

Drive so you don't have to use your brake pedal as much. Change both the o2 sensors BEFORE the cat if you haven't recently. Lighten the car up if you can. Don't use the AC. Normal maintenance other than that. I'm sure more people will chime in with other suggestions/ideas. Yeah, check your Fuel pressure.. Make sure no gas is leaking into your vacuum port on the FPR.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by Cammy98 View Post
        Any leaks or strong gas smell anywhere?

there is no smell of gas at all?

Comment

Maybe some new plugs and wires if theyve never been changed... New airfilter. Like stated above the 02 sensors in the manifolds might be shotty. I try not to go above 2.5k rpms when DDing.

Comment

do you beat on the car? how many miles are you goin? there is alot of main. that you can do that might help yah
            WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Did it start doing this all of a sudden? If it did, then there is probably a sensor problem, like one or both O2's went bad. If the ones in there are original, try changing them because it needs it anyway. They can get lazy over time. Not enough to throw a code, but still cause problems. I think bad O2's are the biggest cause of poor mileage, except for underinflated tires and lead feet.
              2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

are you filling the tank all of the way up?

i can put 7 gallons in and it will say full, but the gauge goes down quickly.. lasts me less than a week, if i completely fill the tank up, it will still read full, but stay there for a week, then drop down to E after 2-3 days

after i hit the 3/4 mark i have about 100 miles before my tank is on E

Comment

and the last time it was tuned up was???
                  http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

ok, i didnt see this up there anywhere, but if you are driving like 350 miles every three days, that will use up some gas...have you checked what milage you are actually getting?
                    Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
                      ok, i didnt see this up there anywhere, but if you are driving like 350 miles every three days, that will use up some gas...have you checked what milage you are actually getting?

^xxxx2
                      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X