Installing 3 pillar gagues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing 3 pillar gagues

does anybody know how to install a 3 gauge pillar on a firebird? My buddy has an oil temp,tachometer, oil pressure. He was wondering how hard it is to install. If anyone has advise please let me know. i believe they are electric but i have not seen them for myself yet.
    thanks
    dave

Re: Installing 3 pillar gagues

it has a stock tach why is he adding another? i will never understand these ricers..
    2001 Camaro 3.8 A4
    1991 3000GT VR4
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Comment

you should just be able to snap the existing panel out, and snap the new one in

Originally posted by vr4gasm View Post
      it has a stock tach why is he adding another? i will never understand these ricers..
      im assuming since he is replacing 2 factory gauges that the car is probably used as a track car or something.

the stock gauges arent very accurate for a drag car, but is perfectly fine for street use, where i see it as a waste of money to put aftermarket gauges in

Comment

ya. i told him he should have gone with a trans temp and maybe airflow but idk his motive. is it hard to wire?

Comment

Shouldn't be too hard to wire if you know what you're doing. If it's the first time you ever tried to do any wiring it might be a struggle. Shouldn't be too hard to tap into a tach wire and the oil pressure should have it's own sender that you will replace the stock one with. I'm not sure about the oil temp.
          Old Car = 12.679 @ 106.5 on 150 dry shot.
          New Car = 2010 3.6l 304hp Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X