Bad lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad lines

im driving (only on certain days)(weather does not matter) I go to stop and the car breaks FINE down to about 10 and then 10 and under the RIGHT side of the car JERKS VIOLENTLY to the right most times the right wheel locks up. The car usually pulls to the right when this happens (wheels jerks)

on other days.

the car BREAKS FINE and perfect.

with no pull and no lock up.

so idk.

im quite baffled

now i would assume the lines are old and warn but ive been told other things.

Regarding this, what is your opinions on as to why THIS would be occuring.

i have NEW rotors. NEW pads.

the oem calipers are still on the car.

and the lines have not ever been replaced.

Re: Bad lines

I think that may be a sign of air in the brake lines. This is a usual symptom if you have ABS, or Anti-Lock brakes. Try bleeding the lines, that may take care of it. I had a similar problem with my winter car; in the middle of winter I wasn't about to mess with it, but it was recommended to me that I could just leave it, the air pocket/bubble will eventually find its way...and it did!

Comment

Re: Bad lines

Do the pistons travel smoothly? Is the piston boot in good condition? I would also check the caliper slides, are they smooth and greased well? I assume if the rotors are new then the thickness is in spec. Have you flushed out the brake fluid?

My hunch is on something not letting that left caliper clamp completely but the problem may be with the right. I would suggest flushing out the brake hoses, or just replacing them if it's high mileage. They can deteriorate on the inside while looking fine outside. Last taking apart both the right and left calipers and either just cleaning them out and putting them back together or rebuilding them.

Oooh, I like the air theory too. Bleed the **** out of them.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X