6 to 6 + Tranny swap..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 to 6 + Tranny swap..

Ok, I have a 94 Firebird with the 3.4, A4. The motor has 160k on it, and I fear once I start spraying I'll be dodging rods and pistons. Also, I HATE automatic tranny's. I've gone through so much sh*t with them, that I'm putting in an M5. So my questions.. I want to put in a 3.8, but I'm converting to M5 first. Will the M5 from a 3.4 bolt up to a 96-98 3.8 with no probs? I know it's gonna cost me out my ***, but the body on the car is insane, and I am attached to the car. Worst case if the tranny wont bolt up and it will be a pain in the ***, I'll just buy a 3.4 and rebuild with new cam, pistons, rods, heads, etc.. Thanks for your help!

The bolt patern is completely differnet from a 60* engine to a 90* engine. Also if you want to do an engine swap you might want to consider swaping in the lt1 I'm getting ready to do it and it looks like it's goingt to be around 3000 dollars.
    95 camaro 3.4 &lt; Jc whitney Exhaust, Chrome intake stage 2, Rk sport headers, msd dis-4, 160*thermo, Jet stage 2 chip, black racing stripes.<br /><br />91 Camaro rs 5.0 tbi gone but not forgoten

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I was looking into an LT1 conversion, and almost went with it, but I'm just gonna buy a T/A in a few months. I want to have a 6 to work on as well as an 8. Anyone can go fast in an 8, but it takes a lot of work to smoke em up in a 6. It gives me something to do too. I guess I'll just go down and get another 3.4, and build it up. I start my new job soon, so the money will be good to go. Good luck with the swap though, and thanks again for the info.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X