Speedo DEAD wont shift?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedo DEAD wont shift?

Got in my 98 camaro and was going for a ride.Noticed that the speedo was below the 0 mark.the speedo does nor work now. also the car would not shift.Does the speedo affect the trans?
    Anyone seen this before.Can I get a part to fix this.?
    Thanks

R.C.
    :)

my gauge cluster went bad once, something with the contact points and the wiring.

Also, when my alternator died on me, the whole cluster just went wacko. (I think that's the technical term.)

Check your tranny fluid.

Another shot in the dark : I'm not sure, but the computer may be screwing up and thinking you're at the limiter . . . check your wiring.

Comment

hmm wiring.hope its not wiring.
      anyone else know if the speedo is related to the tranny shifting.this car does have a jet scu 2000.im not very familure with this item.it was on the car when i got it.to corrrect the speedo with 342s and 18 inch tires.hope someone on here has had this problem before and can point me in the right direction.:0

Comment

it's the scu2000. either it's not set right or it's dead. that means no signal is reaching the computer ,the speedo isn't getting a reading, and the car will not shift because the computer doesn't know how fast you are going. take it off, check your setting, then go through the whole installation process of disconnecting the battery and all that. if that doesn't work, it's time for a new module.
        you can\'t get off if you don\'t get on

Comment

hmm ok.so if i take it off all together then at least the car should shift then right?I have the directions in the box but i have never folled with it.does it hook to the ecm or into the trans.appreciate the help!thanks

Comment

going to try to disconnect the scu 2000.and make sure it has power.anyone have anymore ideas?

Comment

Its definately the scu I had the exact same problem.

Unplug it and plug the normal wire back in and you should have a speedo again! I ended up having to get a new scu2000!

Comment

Same problem here too. Disconnected my SCU2000 and left it off.
                <b>1998 Firebird 3800 Series II, A4</b><br />Direct-Flo Lid,K&N Filter,DEE TB Spacer,TPS-TEC,ZZP Mini-AFC,Raised and Cutout Airbox 7mm,BMR STB & Boxed LCAs,KYB AGX Shocks,Drilled/Slotted Rotors,180* Thermo,2.5\" Catco Cat,Dynomax 2.75\" custom catback,Kumho Ecstas/245,Jet Stage 2,3.42,Edge Racing 2870 Stall,B&M Tranny Cooler,B&M Deep Tranny Pan,LSD,AAM Girdle,1LE DS,NX Wet Kit,MSD DIS-4,MSD Blaster Coil Packs,Taylor Spiro Pro 8mm Wires,NGK TR6\'S gapped .045,ZZP UD WP Pulley,SLP Fan Switch,TT II\'s<br />N/A: 15.6342 @ 88.44 (On stock converter. Strugglin\' to beat it.)<br />Nitrous 50 Shot: 14.7463 @ 93.49

Comment

I'm guessing you guys don't have good power connections for the SCU..

it's VERY finicky and needs GOOD SOLID power.
                  Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

It was the scu 2000.I left it off.now my speedo is off about 13mph with 342 GEARS AND 18 INCH CORVETTE WHEELS.WISH I COULD MAKE THE SPEEDO A LITTLE CLOSER TO RIGHT.LOL

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                      Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                      by ssms5411
                      Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                      1 week ago
                    • RPDRed6
                      For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                      by RPDRed6
                      Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                      3 weeks ago
                    • ssms5411
                      No start problem
                      by ssms5411
                      So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                      4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X