This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 77 vette

i raced my friends 77 corvette and i smoked it:rock: i know they dont have much power but i smoked a VETTE HAHAHAHA beat him 3 times by 4 cars lanes and every time i would pass him he would give me the finger haha now he wants to buy performance parts and all i have is my exhaust(headers should be installed by the end of the month) he says he getting new intake and carb u guys think i can still get him with those mods he gonna put on?....AND I BEAT A VETTE HAHAHAHAHA best day of my life:tup:

Re: 77 vette

it depends, what kind of engine does it have, what kind of intake/carb

there are a million different combos for chevy v8 engines.

just tell him NOT to use edelbrock crap

Comment

210 hp in '77. Not bad though. :naughty:

http://www.rogerscorvette.com/specs/77.htm

My ex g/f's father had a stock '76 Stingray, but it was rated at only 200 hp. He never wanted to race me, although I think it would have taken my old camaro with the 3.8l. The engine in my camaro was stock too.
      sigpic

Comment

I would bet you'd still take him... those old v8's make/made nice power, but you had to give them some serious lovin'...

Fuel Injection + Computer Controlled Engines on a v6 > Stock V8 with a Carburetor, even if it's upgraded.

Comment

Originally posted by inheritthefire View Post
          I would bet you'd still take him... those old v8's make/made nice power, but you had to give them some serious lovin'...

Fuel Injection + Computer Controlled Engines on a v6 > Stock V8 with a Carburetor, even if it's upgraded.
          i would love to see a v6 camaro beat a stock 69' z28.. its not going to happen

what about a 427 zl1? no way in hell will a v6 beat it.

Comment

Okay, maybe I should've specified that I meant the V8's he's talking about... the 200hp 'vette ones.

And when I said upgraded, I meant a new intake/carb. Granted, I don't know much about carbs, but it can't really make THAT big of a difference, can it?

All I know about carburetors I learned from Megan Fox in Transformers -

Megan: "You got a high rise double pump carburetor. That's... that's pretty impressive..."
            Shia: "Double pump?"
            Megan: "It squirts the fuel in so you can go faster."
            Shia: "Oh... I like to go faster."

Comment

he said it was a holley carb the intake i have no clue but he said he would get "270 hp" when he gets it on but ill still race him for the fun of it and hopeffully still beat him again:excited:

Comment

Originally posted by silverbird02 View Post
                he said it was a holley carb the intake i have no clue but he said he would get "270 hp" when he gets it on but ill still race him for the fun of it and hopeffully still beat him again:excited:
                he isnt going to get 270hp from a new carb and intake

it will give him maybe 25hp over stock

Comment

me and the lock thread button just raced! guess who won?

me.

no street racing. hell its not even the right section

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                  http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                  Or this

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                    Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                    by ssms5411
                    Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                    1 week ago
                  • RPDRed6
                    For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                    by RPDRed6
                    Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                    3 weeks ago
                  • ssms5411
                    No start problem
                    by ssms5411
                    So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                    4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X