Low Oil Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Oil Light

I own a 97 V6 M5 Camaro. I have owned the car for a few years now and it has served me well.

Recently the low oil light lit up on my dash. I was almost due for an oil change so I took care of that. The next day the low oil light came on again, but my oil level was still full since I just did the oil change the day before. This appears to be an intermittent problem, as it doesn't always come on.

Could somebody give me advice as to what could be causing this?

Re: Low Oil Light

dirty oil level sensor in the oil pan

Comment

I'd say just buy a new one, it's fairly cheap (under $15 IIRC) and real easy to change out. Best to be done during an oil change I'd say. When I changed mine it was literally ~20 seconds added on to my oil change
      sigpic
      1996 Chevrolet Camaro
      1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
      --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'm going to look into it for my next oil change.:banana:

Comment

Originally posted by /97/Camaro View Post
          Thanks for the info. I'm going to look into it for my next oil change.:banana:
          I don't think Jiffy Lube changes out oil level sensors, I could be wrong though.

Comment

I try not to take my car to a garage whenever possible. So far the only time my Camaro has seen a garage was for alignments and inspections.

Comment

I thought you had to reset these? Hold down for so many seconds, with key on engine off... Or am I thinking oil change light?
              sigpic
              98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Comment

Originally posted by nimrod.sixty9 View Post
                I thought you had to reset these? Hold down for so many seconds, with key on engine off... Or am I thinking oil change light?
                yup, you're thinking of the change oil light, which IIRC was only on 99+ cars

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                  Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                  by ssms5411
                  Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                  1 week ago
                • RPDRed6
                  For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                  by RPDRed6
                  Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                  3 weeks ago
                • ssms5411
                  No start problem
                  by ssms5411
                  So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X