1997 Owners Unite!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 Owners Unite!

Ok everyone, I am not stopping this crusade until we get a chip or programmer from someone. Which company would everyone prefer to get one from? Let me know, then I will arrange it, just need about 2 minutes or less from everyone down the road. Need input, lots of it and fast!
    1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
    1997 Dodge Viper GTS

I've got a 96 include me if it comes down to a 97 chip not being compatible with a 96 I'll get a 97 PCM out of a junk yard!

Put me down for a vote!

Comment

Good deal, anyone have a company preference???Should we go for a HPP or a chip, if a chip, what company?
      1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

I would like to see a HPP for our cars.
        <b>99\' Black Camaro SS</b> <br />M6/T-Tops - SLPLid w/K&N | Hurst Billet Plus w/ LSS | EGR Mod<p>Black 97\' Camaro T-Tops (RIP)

Comment

How is it that us 1997 and 1996 3.8 guys are getting screwed in the programmer department anyway. Why have the companies started with the newest f-body's the 2002-2000 to create the programmers first. I figure by seniority we should get them first, hehe..

Oh and my vote goes for the Hypertech Power Programmer. It would allow us to set our own settings and play around a bit more, rather then being set by just buying a pre manufactured chip.
          Jared W. Drummond<br />jdrummon@vt.edu<br />1997 3.8 Firebird M5<br />-----------------------------------<br />*Flowmaster 80 Series Muffler* *SLP Cold Air Intake* *Zexel-Torsen LSD* *1-Piece DS* *Eibach Pro-Kit* *Removed MAF Screen* *Manual Fan Switch* *Mobil 1 Oils*<br />-----------------------------------<br />*Pioneer Premier DEH-920R Headunit* *Orion Cobalt 6 1/2\'s* *Sub Stealth Box w/ Alpine SWR-1021D* *Kenwood 728S Amp for Sub*

Comment

Well, I can say that I'm 100% for a chip or programmer for our cars. I mean we have needed something like this for a long while. I don't really have a preference who makes it, but you have my vote for it being done. Keep me posted on what's going on. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toto.gif[/img]
            <a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Street/6330/VicCamaro.html\" target=\"_blank\"><b>*1997 Silver Camaro A4/3.08*</b></a><br /><b>Best 1/4</b>(December 17, 2003)<br />Race weight: 3580lbs w/driver <br />RT: .396 1/4: 14.93 60\': 2.08 MPH: 89.73<br /><b>Mods</b><br />&gt;Flowmaster 80 muffler (muffler only) &gt;Homemade cold air with K&N 1000cfm cone filter &gt;Trans-go Shift Kit &gt;2400-2600 TCI converter<p><b>*1969 Camaro SS*</b><br />*502ci (92-octane pump gas)<br />*2-speed powerglide<br /><b>Best 1/4:</b>1.34 60ft 9.78@138.12mph (Aug 16, 2003)

Comment

Hypertech Power Programmer......

Comment

haha ill have my SS that im lookin for by the time someone makes a chip for our cars......good luck though
                2001 SOM Camaro SS<p>Direct flo lid---Lakewood LCAs----Edelbrock Torque Arm-----Lous Short Stick---Dynomouth 3\" Exhaust---SLP Center Mount Exhaust---Poly tranny and torque arm mounts.<p>My site....http://community.webshots.com/album/49413018hRfdbP

Comment

I am in....hypertech baby!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
                  Email: Preki1212@hotmail.com

Comment

What about ASE chips?
                    1997 Red M5 3.8, 3.23 Gears<br /><b>Performance Mods:</b><br />SLP CAI, RKSport Headers, 3\" Catco Cat, 3\" Cut-Out, SLP S-Pipe, 3\"I-Pipe & over-axle (Custom from shop), Hooker Headers Muffler, Hooker Header Tips.<br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/redrider45\" target=\"_blank\"><b>My Ride</b></a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by black97cam:
                      Hypertech Power Programmer......<hr></blockquote>

I'm in.
                      WWW<br />Certified Collision Repair and Refinishing Technition<br />1997 3.8l Y87 Camaro \"Layla\"<br />2000 Mustang GT

Comment

Umm... Hypertech doesn't make a programmer for the 2000. I believe they make 2001, which I don't believe is compatible with the 2000. So if you b*tch at them, b*tch about the 2000's as well ;)
                        Kyle M<br />--------------<br /><a href=\"http://grdws6.netfirms.com\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Trans Am WS6</a> (silver, A4) - lid, cutout, stage 3 shift kit, 12 bolt, vig 3200, tranny cooler, bmr sfc/stb, torq thrust ii. <b>12.688 @ 106.47mph -=- 1.756 60\'</b>

Comment

Ok, for one we can't get a chip, it has to be a programmer. For two, the companies haven't produced anything because they haven't been able to get any power out of the computer. I think Hypertech said they could only get like 7 or 8 HP and that it wasn't worth it to produce them. Superchips has been saying they were coming out with one for longest time now. I remember when I called them in the summer time, they said that there would definitly be a programmer by Holloween or a little after. I don't know what he ment by a little after but it's been a while now.

You can basically get custom tunning done for not much more than what a programmer costs. A programmer costs what, 320 or so. Well, custom tunning from ASE is like one hundred dollars more.

If you call around and ask companies to produce a programmer that is multi functional and can do many things then that would probably be something they might think about. For instance, gears, speed limiter, all our performance mods such as exhaust, headers, cam, ported and polished heads and intake, torque converter, and also to tune the fuel and air curve to it's optimun performance to take advantage of all the mods. Any company should be able to take care of these things.

If you find a company that is interested and serious about producing something but want to know that people will buy them, I'll call.
                          1 of a kind<p>Red 97 Camaro<p>Modifications: <br />SLP CAI, RK Sport Headers, Car Sound High Flow Cat, 3\" piping<br />3\" Steel driveshaft, SFC\'s, Panhard Rod, MAC Torque Arm<br />Manual Fan Switch<p>Best E/T:<p>60\' 2.152<br />330 6.271<br />1/8th 9.704<br />MPH 71.93

Comment

So it looks like a HPP is what everyone wants.
                            1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

hypertech wont do it for the 96-97 guys so it isnt even worth trying because you will get the excuse " we are coming out with that programming in 3 months" :rolleyes: if they do that would be sweet but they wont the he** with asechips

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                                by ssms5411
                                Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                                1 week ago
                              • RPDRed6
                                For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                                by RPDRed6
                                Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • ssms5411
                                No start problem
                                by ssms5411
                                So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                                4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X