Car is dead, I'm going to be late for work - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car is dead, I'm going to be late for work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car is dead, I'm going to be late for work

This sucks *** ....I warmed up my car as usual this morning, start to drive away, then it just straight cuts out on me. I start it back up, it dies out a second later, and now it cranks and tries to start but no go....anyone know what the problem could be? I guess if the battery was dead, I wouldn't get any crank right? My radio, all bezel lights, etc work fine, so I think it has to be something else other than the battery...but what?

My 91 Formula used to do that. The fuel filter was clogged. I replaced that and then it started hestating. So I replaced the distributor, plugs and wires. Then it was fine and ran like brand new. I'm glad it was just that because fuel pumps are very expensive to get installed in 3rd gen F-bodys.

Comment

Check out your cap, rotor bug and ignition coil as well.

Comment

It ended up being a bad ignition switch...or something...my dad worked on it, so for now, he rigged me a switch under the dash to start it up. Heh, I also replaced the rotor and ignition module, when that was a no go, he went ahead and popped the switch on it. I should have him rig me up a push start button....I don't think anyone else that I know has one in their car... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X