Resetting codes?? need some more ideas - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resetting codes?? need some more ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resetting codes?? need some more ideas

I have tried pulling the negative cable and also pulled a pcm fuse... is this the last hope for resetting codes? i dont want to take it to the dealership, thats a last resort. Is there any place that can reset the codes besides the dealership? Can autozone? or a local tune up shop? the light has somthing to do with the cooling system and the 160* thermo so nothing terrible. any help?? Please

turn you key forward to where everything turns on except the car, then pull the pcm fuse and pcm ignition. then turn power off, wait a little then put fuses back in should reset your codes.
    1996 Camaro 3.8<br />Edelbrock Exhaust, SLP Intake, Bosch, Platinum +4 Plugs, Accel Wires, SLP fan switch<p>\"Let the good times roll\"

Comment

Moving to General Help.
      Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

Also if you do disconnect your battery, it will reset them.. you just have to keep it disconnected for about 1/2 an hour or so. [img]smile.gif[/img]
        2002 Red M6 T/A<p>Heads, cam, blah blah...<br />427 rwhp and 401 rwtq - For now

Comment

The procedure is on ls1.com I believe. But what I found out the other day, the order you pull the fuses does matter. Turn the ignition on without the motor running or anything. Pull the PCM BAT fuse and then the PCM IGN fuse. Turn off the key and let is sit a minute or two. Then replace the fuses and restart the car.

When you pull the PCM BAT fuse the SES light should disappear. So my GF noticed Friday night atleast. I'm getting pretty good at this because my O2 sim is sending SES lights because I still have the cat on, atleast that's why the guys at ThunderRacing say it's doing this. Oh yeah, a ice scraper makes a good tool to get the fuse cover off that's closes to the front of the car.
          1997 Nassau Blue Vette<br />1989 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 (lifted with 31\" tires)<br />2000 V6 Camaro, loud, cammed 210rwhp *SOLD*

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X