Leaking coolant.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaking coolant.....

I was having a little bit of a overheating problem, so i decided to check the coolant. Yesterday i filled up the coolant, becuase it looked pretty low. I drove the car the next day and looked at it at night, and the coolant level was at about the same level that it was yesterday before i filled it up. I dont see any fluid on the floor nor do i see any leaks, does anyone know what my problem is? I replaced the water pump about 2 months ago so i dont think that is the problem. Someone please help!

Re: Leaking coolant.....

Intake manifold, throttle body or headgasket would be responsible for any non visible coolant leak. Assuming you really can't find the leak outside the engine.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

so how would I check for any of these?

Comment

Start with the easiest/least expensive ones. Take em apart.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

check your oil...what color is it, light or dark brown...does the radiator fluid look oily?

Comment

my oil is light brown, but i did just change my oil, and it was dark when i changed it... can you go in order of easiest to hardest, im kind of a newbie when it comes to cars... but my coolant does looks brown and kinda gunky...

Comment

If your oil has been contaminated by coolant it will change from anything between it's natural pretty tanslucent tan/brown color to an opaque white. This would probably be a head gasket. Which is the most difficult. Eep.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 2.8 Bird
                Good to see the site is back up
                by 2.8 Bird
                So there going to be anything new or update to the site since Bill is now the owner?

I know there's still alot of interest in the fbody V6....
                3 days ago
              • FirebirdGT
                New Site Hosting Issues
                by FirebirdGT
                All - sorry but there seems to be some glitches from moving to a new Host - hopefully they will be fixed soon.

If needed you can email me...
                2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X