rocking bad at constant rpm speeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocking bad at constant rpm speeds

So what could it be??? i thought it might be vac. leak but i havent found anything...what else could it be. at 1-3 gears, it rocks bad when u try to keep it at a lower rpm say 1800-2500, maybe more. any ideas on what to look for? and i havnet checked codes because of the 95 obd computer ****, so any ideas?
    Purple \'95 A4 RS...Totaled in \'03 23,000 on her :( Red \'95 Camaro M5...A Few Goddies!<br />84 Chevy 6.2L Diesel 4x4 10in. lift 38x15.50\'s<br /><a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/heartland_heat_v6\" target=\"_blank\">Heartland Heat V6</a>&lt;~Member

The OBD1 computer is the easiest to check. Grab a paperclip and a code list, then get to work. ;)
    <b>99 Pewter Metallic Camaro</b><br />SLP Ultra-Z Hood, Shaved Antenna, !mouldings, Chrome Halos, Filled Factory Grill, Y2K 18 R 19 F, SLP Whisper Lid, (functional w/ Hood), FlowMaster American Thunder C.B, QA1 Coilovers, Kuhmo Tires.

Comment

I'm having the exact same problem on my 95 3.4L. I havent found any kind of a vac leak either. Mine has been doing it for a while now and nobody seems to know what it is. It doesnt ever set a code either so it doesnt do me any good to try to pull a code. Let me know if you find the problem.

Comment

mine is throwing a code, but thats not it. the OBD1 isnt what i have, its liek the 1.5 crap or something the way i was told. 95 was the year they changed. am i right 95 3.4 owners?
        Purple \'95 A4 RS...Totaled in \'03 23,000 on her :( Red \'95 Camaro M5...A Few Goddies!<br />84 Chevy 6.2L Diesel 4x4 10in. lift 38x15.50\'s<br /><a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/heartland_heat_v6\" target=\"_blank\">Heartland Heat V6</a>&lt;~Member

Comment

Yeah, it has the OBD I computer but a 16 pin connector which comes from the OBD II where as OBD I is only a 12 pin.

Comment

exactly... thats what i thought, ty

Comment

The OBD 1.5 (95-96) is simply a OBD1 ECU, with an OBD2 connector. You can fashion a adapter harness to pull the codes on 95 and a majority of 96 models, or simply ghetto rig something with jumper wires.

Do some research people! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
              <b>99 Pewter Metallic Camaro</b><br />SLP Ultra-Z Hood, Shaved Antenna, !mouldings, Chrome Halos, Filled Factory Grill, Y2K 18 R 19 F, SLP Whisper Lid, (functional w/ Hood), FlowMaster American Thunder C.B, QA1 Coilovers, Kuhmo Tires.

Comment

That still wont really help me find the problem since I'm not throwing a code, but if you find something KenDawg, post it so I can possibly figure out if thats the same problem as mine is having.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabid Dog:
                  The OBD 1.5 (95-96) is simply a OBD1 ECU, with an OBD2 connector. You can fashion a adapter harness to pull the codes on 95 and a majority of 96 models, or simply ghetto rig something with jumper wires.

Do some research people! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                  i know this...

but like was said, its not getting any codes, im gonna put it on jacks this weekend and see what all i can come up with.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X