i need to hotwire my car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need to hotwire my car

my mom took my keys so i have no ride. i took apart my dash and looked underneath and i had one of those dealer installed anti- theft devices so the ignition wires were spliced so i found them easily, but when i crossed them like in the movies, the security light came on because i have the stupid pass I key. is there just some wire i can cut to disable it or can the dealer do it or am i just stuck with it forever?

Well, you could just deal with the consequences of what you did and know you mom knows best… Or take a battery and touch the wires directly to the starter motors + and - ;)
    2002 Black FireBird M5 2-5-02<br />Red BMR strut bar<br />Dynomax Super Turbo muffler with FastToys.com tips.<br />4 Coats of Zaino - Better every time<p>Need to post pictures? Do it <a href=\"http://www.thenebula.com/carpics/\" target=\"_blank\">here</a>. its <b>easy</b> and <b>free</b>.<br />Change your own oil. <a href=\"http://www.thenebula.com/firebird/oil/\" target=\"_blank\">click here</a>.

Comment

Just to warn ya its like a $300 part you are messing with.

You could go to the dealer na get another key made for ~$30 jsut need the VIN, and proof of ownership(registration) I heard you don't even really need id or anything.

that might be easier then bypassing a system that was made not to be bypassed.

IF you had a 3rd gen, I woudl say hotwire it, but this car... I would go to the dealer on.

Comment

Although now that i think about it, that wont work cause the fuel and stuff is computer controlled, but that would work on an old car =)
        2002 Black FireBird M5 2-5-02<br />Red BMR strut bar<br />Dynomax Super Turbo muffler with FastToys.com tips.<br />4 Coats of Zaino - Better every time<p>Need to post pictures? Do it <a href=\"http://www.thenebula.com/carpics/\" target=\"_blank\">here</a>. its <b>easy</b> and <b>free</b>.<br />Change your own oil. <a href=\"http://www.thenebula.com/firebird/oil/\" target=\"_blank\">click here</a>.

Comment

I am sure there is a way around it but the theft deterent system is above average for Cars, I think its worth the $30 for the key... well maybe a little more, cost me $30 jsut to get a copy.

Comment

Even if you do hotwire your car you still need the key so you can unlock the steering wheel.
            2000 Camaro 3.8 v6 M5
            Flowmaster 80 series muffler, B&M ripper shifter, SLP grille

Comment

well theres always a way around the steering wheel lock all you need is either a screwdriver to break the pin off or you can just turn the wheel really really hard. ;)

Comment

moral of the story:

your going to cause a lotta damage getting the car to go again.
                2001 75th Anniversary V6 Pewter Firebird w/ Chrome Wheels, T-Tops, & Y87<br />Mods: Free Ram Air, !Silencer, Holley Filter, Full 3\" Hooker Catback, 3\" Cat<br />Best time: 15.095 at 90.00 MPH with a 2.127 60\'

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by strobhen:
                  moral of the story:

your going to cause a lotta damage getting the car to go again.
                  <hr></blockquote>

I agree. Take the bus ;)
                  White 98 Camaro with t-tops leather and Y87. For more info on mods just ask.<br />1/4=14.9<br />2002 Xterra V6 A4

Comment

just stop- please stop- your gonna ruin your car, short something out, and screw up even more than you allready have. take your punishment in the *** like a good boy and wait till she gives your keys back. i can smell burning wire now... [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img]
                    -Justin-<br />Red 1996 Camaro RS- Wrecked 11-1-03...<br /><br />1991 Camaro RS

Comment

What you need is a set of keys to another GM vehicle... get some dummies made... So next time she takes your keys they won't actually be keys to the car... You could go covert and swap keys like that... she won't know the difference.
                      Black \'97 Camaro RS <a href=\"http://chillcat.fortunecity.net/blahblah.html\" target=\"_blank\">See Pics</a> 3.8L, 5 Spd, Disc Rear, Hurst short shifter, MAF Screen Removed, RK Sport Headers, 3\" Cat, 3\" FM American Thunder Catback, Compcams .512/.507, (2x)275/40/17 Khumo 712(front) (2x)285/40/17 Good Year F1 GS-D3 (back).

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by ChillPhatCat:
                        What you need is a set of keys to another GM vehicle... get some dummies made... So next time she takes your keys they won't actually be keys to the car... You could go covert and swap keys like that... she won't know the difference.<hr></blockquote>

That's a really good idea...haha just make sure she doesn't try to move your car [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img]
                        AIM: escalier deverre<br />\'02 Pearl Blue Metallic RSX-S (daily driver)<br />\'98 Black Firebird<br />98 V6 turbocharged to 02 LS1 swap<br />\'02 LS1/4L60E<br />LS6 Block, LS6 Intake Manifold, Thunder Racing 215/220 .600/.523/115 Cam, Titanium Retainers, Crane Double Valve Springs, 125 shot NX Wet Kit w/ NOS brand Purge, True Dual \"H\" Pipe w/ two chambers and dumps, 17x11(rear) and 17x9.5(front) Black Powdercoated ZR1 Replicas on 315 and 275 BFGoodrich Comp T/A\'s (Street)/ET Drags/Skinnies on Weldlites(Track), 3.42/LSD

Comment

when she asks, go nuts and tell her she broke it! [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img]
                          -Justin-<br />Red 1996 Camaro RS- Wrecked 11-1-03...<br /><br />1991 Camaro RS

Comment

just got my keys back and i just went to Chevrolet to get keys made. he he only 15 bucks a key, im keeping it in my wallet from now on. ;)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                              Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                              by ssms5411
                              Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                              1 week ago
                            • RPDRed6
                              For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                              by RPDRed6
                              Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                              3 weeks ago
                            • ssms5411
                              No start problem
                              by ssms5411
                              So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X