parts needed for 3.8 swap for $800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parts needed for 3.8 swap for $800

online salvage yard emailed me back saying that its $800 for a complete engine, transmision, computer, and wiring.

what else would be needed.......intake, springs...????????
    1999 White Ford SVT Lightning.<br /><br />Hoping to dyno @ 450hp/550tq by the end of \'04.

Intake and thats it. I believe the springs are about the same. I've 'heard' the 3.8 weights about the same as a 3.4
    <b> \'95 Camaro 3.4L A4 <i>Rikku</i><br />AutoX - Drift - Street </b><br />\"Sideways is faster.\"

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by andrew N.:
      what else would be needed.......intake, springs...????????<hr></blockquote>

What year?

Cable or electric throttle? Try to get those parts too. (from the pedal forward...)

A non-traction control car would be good. Otherwise the pcm is going to be expecting some sensors and things on the rear end to be there.
      \'98 A4 Camaro v6-&gt;v8 conversion, and STS kit next<br />v6: 13.6 Powerdyne, 13.2 150 shot, 13.8 120 shot, 14.3 85 shot, 15.7 stock<br />v8(na): 12.18@113, 392rwhp<br />Moderator on <a href=\"http://www.mtfba.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.mtfba.org</a> and <a href=\"http://www.frrax.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.frrax.com</a> (Road Race & Autocross)<br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/johnduncan10\" target=\"_blank\">Car pics</a>, <a href=\"http://www.trscca.com\" target=\"_blank\">TN Region SCCA</a>

Comment

what are the emissions diffs between the engines/yrs? 3.8 might actually be cleaner & more power to boot [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] :D
        1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
        2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
        94 comero 3.4

Comment

if your gona spend money on that i would see if you could swap an lt1, see what the price on that is you will like it a lot more!!!
          1997 Firebird Convertable White, with custom Purple pin striping and custom Purple detailing!!!<br />Y87 Performance Package W68 Apperance Package<br />Boydes, aluminum rims 16\" BMR STB <br />SLP Cold Air Intake 3\"hiflow cat 3\" dynomax custom catback, 2.5\" Flowmaster 80. Slp Take off Shocks, Springs And Struts. Transgo shift kit with corvette servo!<br />Sony Explode CD Player Kicker Comp VR 12, and Explode 760Watt amp!!!<br />5% Tint on the side windows, Correction officially 2% on the side windows, or at least that is what the highpo said and 15% on my rear window<br />Yup Purdy Car!!

Comment

I am selling my 3.8 complete from harness to pcm
            including 5spd trans, drive shaft rear pretty much anything you would need. Its from 98 70k miles on the engine the trans is brand new. I am swapping an ls1 in mine so I could use the money quick. 500 for the engine and trans including all accesories. I also have the front suspension if needed not sure if the 3.4 and 3.8 mounts are the same.
            2001 Trans Am WS6 A4<br />SLP Lid<br />FlowTech Cutout<br />TNT F1 Dry Kit<br />Bone Stock 13.3@104.7<br />75hp Shot 12.0@117.8<p>1998 Camaro V6<br />LS1/T56 Swap<br />SLP Lid<br />Hooker Long Tubes<br />B&B Triflo Exhaust<br />B&M Ripper

Comment

Dude, if your gonna swap engines anyway, just get the V8!!!!!!!!

Comment

cant afford the v8.

the timeslips page shows that 12's are attainable w/ the 3.8.
                1999 White Ford SVT Lightning.<br /><br />Hoping to dyno @ 450hp/550tq by the end of \'04.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by andrew N.:
                  cant afford the v8.

the timeslips page shows that 12's are attainable w/ the 3.8.
                  <hr></blockquote>

Stick with the 6 ;) -- I miss my 3.4 once in a while, but wouldn't give up my 3.8.

-- But do find out what year it is and cross it against what you currently have. $800 is a good price for everything :D

Best of luck!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X