ok im installing my a/c right now and i need some help asap - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ok im installing my a/c right now and i need some help asap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok im installing my a/c right now and i need some help asap

i just purchased a remanufactured a/c compressor from autozone for 215.00 my question was im about to take out the old one and just wondering is there anything to it other than unscrewing it and caping off the tubing?

i was also told that once you install the new you should run the ac before you recharge it to get all moisture out? is that right?

and what about pag oil and all tht?

just please give me tips and things to look out for this is my first time and i dont want to mess it up

thank you rob
    Last edited by robert; 06-23-2009, 03:55 PM.

Re: ok im installing my a/c right now and i need some help asap

any one please?

Comment

Re: ok im installing my a/c right now and i need some help asap

you need to drain the oil out of the compressor, there is a drain plug

pour it into a measuring cup and see how much comes out.. buy that amount in little cans of PAG 46 iso oil (it is usually behind the counter) DO NOT use that oil that comes with the recharge kits

fill the new compressor up with that much oil (im assuming the compressor will come oilless)

and it is impossible to run the ac system before you charge it unless you short out the connector, and you will end up burning your system up.. just recharge it like normal and you will be good

edit* and did i mention DO NOT use that oil stuff that you use the same way you would recharge the system?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
        Had to be evacuated again due to fire
        by ssms5411
        Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
        1 week ago
      • RPDRed6
        For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
        by RPDRed6
        Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
        3 weeks ago
      • ssms5411
        No start problem
        by ssms5411
        So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
        4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X