Drilled T-stat??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drilled T-stat??

Has anyone ever heard of doing this. From what I can gather it consists of drilling a hole in the T-stat in order to let a small amount of fluid circulate all the time. I guess it would lower the temp some but not be as drastic as removing the t-stat all together.

Opinions????
    2000 GTP<br />Thrasher CAI, 3.4\" pulley, DHP PCM<br />Member RedLineVSix<br />Best ET-14.02<br />Best Trap-97.15

It's ghetto. Don't do it.

On a hot-running older engine people would pull the thermostat so liquid would run all the time... but the other side was that it wouldnt let the engine warm up to operating temp very easily and may hurt performance and life.
    2002 Camaro SS 6 Spd<br />Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Still breaking it in<p>Traded in - 2002 V6 5 Spd Camaro.<p>\"I\'ll never trust squirrels again.\"

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Cale:
      It's ghetto.<hr></blockquote>

[img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
      It quite often causes the opposite effect. Pulling the thermostat doesn't allow coolant to stay in the radiator long enough to cool it down and it just flows like crazy. It's not a Nova, just buy the proper parts.
      \'94 Camaro 3.4<br />\"No, Starvin Marvin. That\'s my pot pie.\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X