Jet SCU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jet SCU

Does the Jet SCU recalibrate rear gear changes to the seedometer AND remove the speed limiter? I really want to know about the speed limiter, Thanks
    Whisper Lid/K&N Intake, NOS 5175 Kit w/ Polished Bottle, Moser 3.42\'s w/ Auburn LSD, SLP Ram Air H.O. Hood, Pacesetter Ceramic Coat Headers-3\" in/out hi-flo cat, 3\" I-pipe, Edelbrock Muffler, Boyd Coddington Smoothie Two\'s

I'd also like to know

I have one setting at home still in the package and haven't decided due to the above question if I'm going to waste my time putting it on!

Comment

As far as what I've read, it works good as long as you don't go up more than 2 gear sizes. As far as the speed limiter, the way it works is that it locks the speedo somewhere around 110. You'll be going faster, but the computer won't recognize it.
      <b>1998 Firebird 3800 Series II, A4</b><br />Direct-Flo Lid,K&N Filter,DEE TB Spacer,TPS-TEC,ZZP Mini-AFC,Raised and Cutout Airbox 7mm,BMR STB & Boxed LCAs,KYB AGX Shocks,Drilled/Slotted Rotors,180* Thermo,2.5\" Catco Cat,Dynomax 2.75\" custom catback,Kumho Ecstas/245,Jet Stage 2,3.42,Edge Racing 2870 Stall,B&M Tranny Cooler,B&M Deep Tranny Pan,LSD,AAM Girdle,1LE DS,NX Wet Kit,MSD DIS-4,MSD Blaster Coil Packs,Taylor Spiro Pro 8mm Wires,NGK TR6\'S gapped .045,ZZP UD WP Pulley,SLP Fan Switch,TT II\'s<br />N/A: 15.6342 @ 88.44 (On stock converter. Strugglin\' to beat it.)<br />Nitrous 50 Shot: 14.7463 @ 93.49

Comment

not exactly... I have it and it will recalibrate for gear changes and tire sizes. There is a jumper to remove the speed limiter, but at WOT, with the speed limiter removed, the car will NOT shift into fourth gear. I have not ever needed to go over the speed limiter ( drag strip or street races... ) and because of this I just keep it on.

THis is because the auto tranny shifts not at RPMs, but at speed. It will lock the speedo at 110, but at WOT the car wont shift until about 114 ( around there, I think... ). Its good as long as your not at WOT.

This information is for gears 3.42 and above. In theory if you went to 3.23 or lower it would work just fine.

~Brian

[ March 27, 2002: Message edited by: DeathBuzzz ]</p>
        NEW 2002 Onyx Black SS Camaro<br />M6, leather, T-tops, Hurst shifter<p>sold: 1999 Pewter V6 A4 Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X