Starting problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting problem

Once in a while my car won't start right away. I turn the key and the lights and everthing come on, but the starter and engine don't do anything. It's like I'm not pressing the clutch in. Then I take my foot off the clutch and put it back in again, and the car starts like normal. Has this happened to anyone else? Any idea of the cause?
    Pewter 2002 Z28 M6<br />Black \'98 Camaro 3.8 M5 (Gone)<br />Silver \'97 Camaro Conv. 3.8 A4 (Girlfriend\'s)

Bent/bad clutch switch? I've heard of this happening on cheaply made imports. If the clutch pedal has a lot of lateral movement, it won't squarely hit the switch every time. I'd start with the switch.
    \'94 Camaro 3.4<br />\"No, Starvin Marvin. That\'s my pot pie.\"

Comment

Yeah, its probably the clutch switch like Shadly said. My wifes Sunfire used to do the same thing until we replaced the switch. I used to have a Volkswagon Cabriolet and that clutch switch went bad too. I was financially challenged at the time so I just rewired it so it would start with or without the clutch engaged. Just had to make sure it was out of gear :D

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X