need help with my truck TONIGHT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help with my truck TONIGHT

so my dads f150 starting leaking diff fluid out of the right rear axle at the wheel. Ive never done an axle seal before and didnt have time to try so he took it to a shop by the house. apparently theyre saying that the axle shaft is bent and needs replacing along with all the bearings and seal. also hes having the rear brakes done while there.

i was driving it when it starting leaking and i didnt hit anything or anything out of the ordinary. im no expert but ive never heard of an axle shaft just bending out of nowhere with absolutely no damage to the rear end housing or anything else on the car.

also the truck takes full syn 75w140 and he says theyre charging him 50 bucks a quart. wtf? it costs like 10-15 bucks a quart everywhere else, even at my shop and we are not a very cheap shop. theyre charging him $150 dollars just for ****ing fluid.

another thing that makes me question this place is I put tires on the truck midway through last winter and at the time the ball joints were loose as ****. you can feel and hear that the front end is loose on the truck so my dad told him to check out the front end to see what all it needs. The guy says the front end is all tight and the ball joints are perfectly fine. WHAT THE ****? you can be ****ing retarded and drive that truck for 30 seconds and tell somethings loose

anyways tomorrow is my day off and my dad works so im going up there in the morning to raise some major hell. so i need to know how to tell if an axle shaft is bent. will it be visible to the eye? or do you need a tool to measure if its straight? any other advice on what i should do or say when i go up there tomorrow would be helpful.

oh and the bill is well over 1100 dollars. doesnt sound right to me.

Re: need help with my truck TONIGHT

that all does sound very sketchy. business is slow, they most likely are trying to rip you off, if you work at a shop why would you not bring it to your shop where you know he wouldnt get ripped off, anyway good luck and raise some hell!!!

Comment

its my dads truck and he brough it in. he always uses this place for some reason. he says theyre usually cheaper than this and theyre like 2 minutes from home. my shop is like a half hour away.

Comment

Sometimes it's cheaper to drive farther. Axles won't bend unless you hit something or put to much power to the ground with slicks, and I imagine this is not the case. They could have damaged the seal on purpose to strum up som business.

Comment

If it's not too bad and you can make it to your shop, I'd take it to your shop and get it fixed right. Heck, even if you had to tow it the whole way you'd probably save some major $$ getting it out of this other shop.
          2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
            Had to be evacuated again due to fire
            by ssms5411
            Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
            1 week ago
          • RPDRed6
            For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
            by RPDRed6
            Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
            3 weeks ago
          • ssms5411
            No start problem
            by ssms5411
            So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
            4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X