Now, terrible fuel leak!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now, terrible fuel leak!!!!!!!

O.K. Brought my car into the big gasrage at work last night and had it running. Fuel smell was BAD!!! under the car was a foot wide puddle of fuel. backed up so i could get under it and saw that right over the oil pan on the right side (facing forward) it looked as if it were leaking. any suggestions on where it could be coming from. this is very dangerous as I noticed it was leaking onto the Y-pipe. I'm still taking it to the shop in the morning, but i would like to go in there with a little more knowledge on the subject. any help appreciated. Thanks
    Ron<br /><br />Green 95 Firebird 3.4 M5<br />Plugs, wires, wheels, tires<br />Homemade CAI

Unless you cracked one of your fuel lines on the bottom I would suspect that your o-rings in your quick connects to the fuel rail have cracked and are rotting away.
    95 Camaro 3.8L Y2K motor <br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/coriya71\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/coriya71</a>

Comment

how much am i looking at for a repair job @ $80 a shop hour?
      Ron<br /><br />Green 95 Firebird 3.4 M5<br />Plugs, wires, wheels, tires<br />Homemade CAI

Comment

Now mind you Im not up on the workings of the 3.4 but I changed mine on the 3.8 in less than an hour. A shop will probably charge at least 2 because its a shop. The new fuel lines cost about $80 and the quick connect tool about $5.
        Put your fingers on the bottom of where the fuel lines connect to the rail and see if its wet with gas or dripping.
        95 Camaro 3.8L Y2K motor <br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/coriya71\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/coriya71</a>

Comment

my girl is in the shop now, they called and had to remove the plenum to get to the leak, to the tune of another shop hour. d@mn.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
            Had to be evacuated again due to fire
            by ssms5411
            Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
            1 week ago
          • RPDRed6
            For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
            by RPDRed6
            Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
            3 weeks ago
          • ssms5411
            No start problem
            by ssms5411
            So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
            4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X