A/C maintenance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/C maintenance?

My mom says that you're supposed to run your A/C intermittently throughout the winter so that it doesnt crack.
    I've never heard this, is it true?
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

BTw, my A/C is sitting in the garage.
    2k2 camaro, K&N, SLP whisper lid, Konis, AEM, HP Tuners, Angel eyes/Halos, CF SS ram air hood, 4.10s, Zexel Torsen, UMI SFCs, CrossFire, BFGs, Gatorback, Catco, Flows, and TLC! DONT feed the Trolls!

Comment

you need to run it to keep the seal from drying up and leaking freon. Once every 2 weeks sould do.
      <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261</a> Green 1997, 105k, all stock except for Z28 front springs, Air shocks in the rear, home made coolant recovery tank, home made battery hold down.

Comment

which seal? theres 4 i think

Comment

Your AC compressor cycles on when you use yoru defrost. It works faster because the compressor dries out the air. This also helps keep the seals and everything working well in the winter months. If it's sitting in the garage, you're SOL. Nothing will "crack" by it sitting.
          1999 Y87 Camaro<br />Whisper Lid, SLP SS Takeoff Exhaust

Comment

I'm SOL cause its only been used like 5 times out of the 6 years I've had the car.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated again due to fire
              by ssms5411
              Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
              1 week ago
            • RPDRed6
              For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
              by RPDRed6
              Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
              3 weeks ago
            • ssms5411
              No start problem
              by ssms5411
              So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
              4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X