little to no effect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• little to no effect

well i decided to seafoam today. i fed it through the brake booster hose shut if off for 10 mins. while i was doing it before i used a funnel i was using the hose to suck it out the bottle. it stalled maybe 3 times. got to 2/3 of a can the pluged the hose back up let it set for 10 min. cranked but very little smoke and very little change as far as how it normally runs. i poured the rest in the gas tank. How do i clean the bottom of my engine can i pour some where you put the oil in the valve covers. My car was running great before and is now but is at 80k and i thought a cleaning wouldn't hurt. i know this has probably been ran into the ground and ia m sorry i didnt find a whole bunch using search. thanks for the help
    Starting Left Guard For the Blacville-Hilda Hawks 1A State Champions<br /><br />Mods: Free Ram Air, All Lights mods, K&N <br />Coming Soon:Flowmaster American Thunder Catback, Whisper Lid, HighFlow cat and Maybe Headers

I used it on a few other cars I've owned over the years and there really wasn't too much smoke coming from the pipes. When I did the camaro though...I had the fire dept called because neighbors thought there was a fire on the block.

I don't know if I'd mix the seafoam with the oil in the crankcase. I believe it says you can add it to motor oil, but I don't want to be the first to do so...
    sigpic

Comment

ok i was thinking the same way about the outting it in the oil. do you think that little coke means my engine was fairly clean
      Starting Left Guard For the Blacville-Hilda Hawks 1A State Champions<br /><br />Mods: Free Ram Air, All Lights mods, K&N <br />Coming Soon:Flowmaster American Thunder Catback, Whisper Lid, HighFlow cat and Maybe Headers

Comment

Yeah I think the engine probably didn't have much carbon buildup.

I would change the oil now, cause it may be slightly contaminated by the Seafoam residue.
        \'00 f-bird 3.8 M5 coupe, pewter metallic<br />Torsen LSD, Pro 5.0 shifter, Spec stage 1 clutch, Y87 muffler, aftermarket stereo<br />-more fun than the Oldsmobile it replaced...

Comment

Originally posted by Hawks#1:
          do you think that little coke means my engine was fairly clean
          Your engine is probably running like a champ now! It'll run great for about three ~solid~ days, then need about a month of rehab. [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
          sigpic

Comment

I've done the three way treatment (1/2 in oil, 1/2 in PCV, Full tank in half tank of gas and she ran just fine.

Way I did it was to add it in the oil...start it up and add the rest of it through the PCV. Stop the engine after its been added and let sit for 15 mins while I added the other full can to the gas tank. After about 15mins I started her up and gave her a spirited drive down a couple blocks (this is fun) and smoked up the neaighborhood. Came back, changed oil, put fresh oil in and she was all ready to go. By the end of that tank of gas she was running smooth and clean.
            3.8L Dk Blue 1998 Camaro<br /><br />Soon to have 80\'s in the back

Comment

I feel the same way, i had no change at all. With 3/4 of the bottle it smoked for like half a mile. You guys do know the smoke has nonthing to do with how clean your engine is or was. I mean you can use seafoam every day and you will still have the same amout of smoke. The smoke is burning seafoam, not burning carbon.
              <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261</a> Green 1997, 105k, all stock except for Z28 front springs, Air shocks in the rear, home made coolant recovery tank, home made battery hold down.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X