eBay Headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay Headers

Well, I finally am getting some time to get back into these cars. Today I installed a set of no name eBay stainless headers that I’ve had for probably two years now. Over all impression of them was good, quality seemed great, the gaskets they came with where nice metal gaskets, my only complaint is the hard wear that comes with them doesn’t fit the threading on the heads (for cheap eBay headers what do you expect) I should have ran to tractor supply and picked up grade 8 bolts but my factory hardware was in surprisingly good shape so I did reuse them. If they start to leak we all know what I’ll do. But in the mean time we’ll see what happens. Trying to decide on exhaust now, I have a Borla catback and was thinking about placing a resonator/race muffler in place of cat, however I want zero rasp, so the true duals may come off my ‘00 as that’s getting LQ4 swapped soon anyway. Too much information, just wanted to pass on the eBay headers seem like a great buy for anyone considering, time will tell
    3M MAFIA
    ________
    | Dynomax Catback | Auburn Posi | 3:42s | B&M Ripper | DIY CAI | PVC Mod |
    Next on the list: GT2 Cam| 105# Springs |Headwork| Headers |
    sigpic

Sounds like you had some fun today. Yeah my search for zero rasp on the 3.8 failed every time. But I did find a 3”in/out Dynomax turbo muffler that I like and added a 3” electric cutout. Mellow with the cutout closed, then I open it all the way at idle and sounds great, driving if I open it a little sounds good and the turbo likes it also, really can here it spool up. I had one resonator where the CAT was at before the turbo and still rasp, then tried a long 24” resonator with the one in the CAT location and still rasp. So basically I like the dynomax turbo muffler with an electric cutout. I must of went through 10 or so mufflers in my 28 years having my Camaro. Never tried a Borla muffler so maybe you’ll have some luck.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Are the eBay headers OBX?
      Attached Files
      Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com

"Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Smss the only way I’ve found to get rid of the rasp is true duals. But we’ll see, might play around for a bit. FirebirdGt there are two sets on there once being the box and the other is just an off brand no name deal.
        3M MAFIA
        ________
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah I never tried true duals, how’s the space underneath the car with them? Some V8’s have them so can’t be too bad. Right now I have 3” from the turbo to 3” cutout then the Dynomax muffler and 3” tip.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by SixShooter'00Camaro View Post
            FirebirdGt there are two sets on there once being the box and the other is just an off brand no name deal.
            I have the OBX but have yet to install.
            Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com

"Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Smss the clearance isn’t to bad, but man the sound is something else for v6 (minus turbo of course lol)

Firebird GT I was going to go with the OBX but these about $150 bucks cheaper and I have a buddy that bought no name eBay headers for one of his projects and figure why not try them out. Especially with pacesetter going out of business there’s not alot of options.
              3M MAFIA
              ________
              sigpic

Comment

Yes the turbo spool is great, I like hitting the gas and backing off to let the watergate sound off.lol I didn’t know Pacesetters went out of business, wow. I still have a set of just the manifolds with VBands on them.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X