No announcement yet.

Loudmouth V6 Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the LM was badass on Rich's car (Rich 97W68) but i'm sure it will drooooooooooooone like alot of the V8 guys complain about. A good thing to do is replace the resonator w/ a bullet muffler and the drone is nearly all gone.

I was going to get that GMMG for those of you wondering about that "great deal" post awhile back but i'll just stay with the bullet and cutout.

Scott

Comment

Hey Cardinal, why did you trade in your bird for a Camamro?
      1 of a kind<p>Red 97 Camaro<p>Modifications: <br />SLP CAI, RK Sport Headers, Car Sound High Flow Cat, 3\" piping<br />3\" Steel driveshaft, SFC\'s, Panhard Rod, MAC Torque Arm<br />Manual Fan Switch<p>Best E/T:<p>60\' 2.152<br />330 6.271<br />1/8th 9.704<br />MPH 71.93

Comment

Let me think about this....

HELL YES!!!!!!

Drone? Yeah. Intolerable? Hell no. Can you turn up your radio just a tad more than normal? Of course you can.

I finally got a race I've been talking trash about for weeks (since my car was out of commission for 35 days)...

2000 Cougar. Weapon R intake, Magnaflow exhaust. Pretty loud when it's WOT on the highway running...

1997 W68 Loudmouth and SLP CAI. Loud? Damn straight. Quick...?

Much quicker than a 2000 Cougar.

:D

Louder? Much. Did I scare him? Hell yes.

I couldn't hear his car whatsoever as I passed by. He said he'd never heard a V6 car sound like that in his life. At idle I compete with LT1/LS1 cars - most people think I transplanted a V8 in the car when a V8 and mine are started, idling, and sitting next to one another. When they're moving, it's obvious who really has an 8, but it's not quite so obvious just how the hell my car sounds like it does, until I lift it up and show 'em...

All I have to say is this: our engine with a Loudmouth sounds suspiciously similar to the LS1 V8 with a Loudmouth (though not as loud, but just as raspy).

If anyone wants to know what it sounds like, I'll get more sounds of it. I lost every file on the car I had when my hard drive took a crap...

....Cardinal, let me know. I'll have pictures, sounds, and videos for you.

Richard
        AIM Rich1997 W68
        ICQ 17955353
        rkannady@mindspring.com

Comment

I would say yes.

If I had to do my exhaust all over, I would go with dynomax (what I have now) or try the Loudmouth or hooker cat-backs.
          Charles<br />98 Silver Firebird M5<br />whisper lid, K&N, whisper cold-air<br />RKSport cat-back<br />BMR LCA\'s, STB, panhard rod, tunnel brace<br />B&M ripper<br />15.376@89.92 2.267 60\'

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by ItalianStallion1:
            Hey Cardinal, why did you trade in your bird for a Camamro?<hr></blockquote>

It was totalled, the Camaro is my replacement :D

Also - Thanks Rich97 for your comment, I only have one video of your car. It is THE inspiration for me to install this, and now Im VERY set on it since you told your little *story* :D Thanks!
            If you get time, msg me on AIM: CardinalV6 and we can talk about it...

Thanks everyone!
            2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
            Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Yep, go for it...

Anyone know if it's legal (noise wise) in VA? I'm going with a high-flow cat, so it will pass emissions tests..

2000 Magnetic Red II Automatic Coupe
              Best(s): Coming soon
              99 Bright Red Turbo Firebird A4 T-Tops
              Best(s): N20 - 14.01 @ 97.32 (1.64) Turbo - Coming soon

Comment

I have a loudmouth on my car and have absolutely no complaints.
                - Josh<br />If you have any questions or need installation pics/help, e-mail me: Viper98885@aol.com<br /><a href=\"http://Camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/viper98885\" target=\"_blank\">\'93 Camaro Hardtop</a><br /><a href=\"http://Camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/01lincolnls8\" target=\"_blank\">\'01 Lincoln LS8 Sport</a><br />\'00 Yamaha YZF-R6<br /><a href=\"http://www.ftpp.net\" target=\"_blank\">Full Throttle Performance</a>

Comment

hey rich, could you send me some sound clips/videos of your exhaust? my aim is ArctcWolf.
                  2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />More mods than I\'m allowed to list!

Comment

On a v8 it is fine.
                    On a v6, no!
                    Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                    nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                    2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                    2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

I'm interested to hear a sound clip as well.. FWIW, I'll be running CIA headers, hi-flow cat... I've heard that superchargers will change the sound quite a bit.. anyone know how it will sound with the ATI procharger on it?

2000 Magnetic Red II Automatic Coupe
                      Best(s): Coming soon
                      99 Bright Red Turbo Firebird A4 T-Tops
                      Best(s): N20 - 14.01 @ 97.32 (1.64) Turbo - Coming soon

Comment

yes please soundclips, videos, etc. I'm getting a new exhaust in the next 2 weeks i can't decide. decisions.....
                        NO NOTHING CAR FAN

Comment

I think its ok on a V8 but not on a V6. Its really hard to say. Sound clips would be great! [img]graemlins/toto.gif[/img]
                          -FLOWMASTER 80 series exhaust dual out,K&N air filter.<br />-Bright Rally Red, 1993 Camaro V6 automatic. No BIG mods yet! But who needs alot of mods when you have 160 hp? Kumho ECSTA Supra 712 tires 245/50-16\'s \"Great tires\" <br /><a href=\"http://webpages.charter.net/camarov6/Car%20Pics/P13.JPG\" target=\"_blank\">http://webpages.charter.net/camarov6/Car%20Pics/P13.JPG</a><br /><a href=\"http://webpages.charter.net/camarov6/Car%20Pics/P23.JPG\" target=\"_blank\">http://webpages.charter.net/camarov6/Car%20Pics/P23.JPG</a>

Comment

Where were you guys back months ago when this topic was posted? There were videos online....not anymore, though.

I have them on my computer, though.

And thanks to all the people who said it sounds awful without even hearing it...

...I guess that means I should say no 3800 V6 should ever run 12s no matter what you throw on it, eh?

R

Comment

Rich can u e-mail me those clips or videos. I wasn't here a couple months ago :D
                              NO NOTHING CAR FAN

Comment

Sorry, cannot email the video I have remaining. It's too large for the mail server.

R

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                  Had to be evacuated again due to fire
                                  by ssms5411
                                  Had to be evacuated Monday again after a fire was going on the hill behind us. Only 3-4 hours, they did a good job getting it under control. Especially...
                                  1 week ago
                                • RPDRed6
                                  For Sale: 2001 Chevrolet Camaro project.
                                  by RPDRed6
                                  Up for sale is my 2001 Chevrolet Camaro 3.8 in need of some TLC and help. I’ve owned this vehicle the past 18 years (since 2006) and it’s been very...
                                  3 weeks ago
                                • ssms5411
                                  No start problem
                                  by ssms5411
                                  So went out to start the Camaro and no start, batteries are good just hear a thud sound, started up fine last Friday. Check the fuses and the battery...
                                  4 weeks ago
                                • SixShooter'00Camaro
                                  Revival
                                  by SixShooter'00Camaro
                                  Working on getting my 99 Camaro back in action. Long story short, got parked in the garage about 5 years ago (kids, career stuff ect.) trying to get her...
                                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X